• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Might be old news. UK Release Date

oh my word.With me sending back the original Desire which they sent me by accident,it started a process of cancellation, so now I've got no contract with T-Mobile and if I want the HD I've got to sign up all over again.I won't be charged,to make sure of that I've cancelled the Direct Debit,bunch of idiots.Also on the phone then they said they won't have it till the 1st Nov

thats quite bad i would complain about that

Upvote 0
im tempted aswell spencer it seems to be taking an age now-only thing thats stopping me id i want to keep my number and a new orange contract will mean i cant

Decided to stick with my MPD order.

500mb Orange..i'll pass

just went on mpd still saying 11 days as it was last week

has anyone noticed theyve taken down their live online chat option?

8 Days now..and live option was up as of 2PM today.

i just emailed them got a reply saying handset is expected week commencing 25th

so put back again then

Copy of email please?

I could never find it!! I thought I was going crazy...:eek:

I presume that is MPD?? Can we cancel our MPD order?, and go instore for another deal??

Best deals are online?

Best deals are always online..It's the law you know ;).

im sure u can cancel not sure if u can do it via email or over the phone

You can do it over the phone

I had a right go at T3..they linked to the official thread and no credit or anything.

ok ive done something i bit the bullet and cancelled my order with mpd and went with a new contract on p4u

orange 18 mth 35 pounds 500 mins unltd text data free phone plus cashback so overall a better deal

should be with me by wed

anyone who wants to cancel with mpd i done it through theyre enquiry form and they replied pretty quick

Hope it works out for you :)

Pretty weak article from T3.
Didn't mention the new processor or that it has more RAM...

Typical T3

Not quite sure what you're comparing but a lot of people do compare the straight TCO from an 18 month deal and a 24 month deal, which I disagree with.

You're getting 6 months extra line rental so it should obviously cost more. Although you are tied in for longer.

Anyway, not really directed at you but rant over.

I'm not offended don't worry.

I have loads of reasons for being against 24 and 36 month deals.

• The mobile opertor makes their money back after 18 months..so why should I be locked in for further
  • Technology progresses at such a rate, 18 months gone, its old tech..Waiting another 6, loses market value and obselete
  • Sometimes you pay

Upvote 0
Hi everyone, after discovering this forum at the weekend and realising just how many people cant wait to get their hands on the DHD i rang p4u in lewisham s.london this morning, they said they had a couple, so long story short - in the car.In the shop.DHD in my pocket. JOB DONE.....Got an 18mth Voda contract

Upvote 0
lol i5000 welcome enjoy the phone

sorry spencer jsut seen this will get the mail up they sent me

Good morning

The handset is expected to launch W/C 25th Oct. Orders will be processed and delivered within a few days after 25th Oct

Regards
Paul Fowler

Tel: +44 (0)845 470 4000
Fax: +44 (0)845 470 4100
email: webshop@mobilephonesdirect.co.uk
online: www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk

Upvote 0
Hi everyone, after discovering this forum at the weekend and realising just how many people cant wait to get their hands on the DHD i rang p4u in lewisham s.london this morning, they said they had a couple, so long story short - in the car.In the shop.DHD in my pocket. JOB DONE.....Got an 18mth Voda contract

Reactions: miophone
Upvote 0
Depends on the condition end of the day.
It would have to in a pretty poor condition at that price. And bear in mind that it says it won't ship until 15th November. I've sent them a message, and I'll let you know their response - if any. I'm not seriously thinking of buying from them because, as others have said, the word that comes to mind is 'scam'.

Upvote 0
quick question - can I backup my apps on Desire and restore them on new DHD without having to repay?

Does the app link to the phone? I believe its just a googlecheckout purchase so there'd be no way to register it against the phone? Is this correct? thanks

Won't have to repay anyway..If you have bought an app via android store it saves the history to your account so you don't get charged twice for the same thing.

It's registered to your Google account..well thats my understanding of it all.

Upvote 0
It would have to in a pretty poor condition at that price. And bear in mind that it says it won't ship until 15th November. I've sent them a message, and I'll let you know their response - if any. I'm not seriously thinking of buying from them because, as others have said, the word that comes to mind is 'scam'.

yes exactly nine-unless its an error in the listing doesnt sound right at that price-even if it wa sused u can get more than that

Upvote 0
Hey all, been following the forum for a while just didn't bother registering. Iphone contract ends this month so jumping ship to android. Ordered my DHD on friday through P4U. Just received this email tonight.

Phones 4u Order Despatch Confirmation
-----------------------------------------
Order reference:
66xxxxxx

Dear Alfie,

Your order has now been completed and will be despatched this evening by Royal Mail Special Delivery, who will deliver pre 1:00pm on the next working day.

Delivery address:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

So here hoping it is here tomorrow :)

hi alfie just wondering if you got your phone yet

for some reason someone on live chat told me they havent received any yet

dont think she knew what she was talking about seeing as it says you receive it on or before the 20th

Upvote 0
just spoke to someone on the phone at p4u she said theyre expecting more stock in today so obviously the woman previously meant they had run out not that they hadnt received any

i should get it tomorrow or thurs depending on when they turn up at the warehouse

Are P4U only selling contracts with Orange at the moment?If so I'm not going back to them,signal in my area is terrible

Upvote 0
I've just called up my local Phones 4U and they have the HTC Desire HD in stock and available to buy outright! Simfree price is 450 and colour is dark brown/copper. At first she said i couldn't buy it simfree because it's brand new and just been released and i would have to wait 3-4 weeks but i told her i had called up other Phones4U shops and they said i could buy it simfree there and then (i lied!), so she put me on hold to double check. 30 seconds later she said yes i can come in and buy the phone simfree, not a problem at all! Hahaha! Result!!!

My advice, go to Phones4U pronto!!!!!

I am absolutely f*cking raging! :eek: I called my local P4U to arrange a pick up my simfree HTC Desire HD today and they've told me i'll have to pay

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones