1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Might be old news. UK Release Date

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nagrom, Sep 16, 2010.

1. gabbyevs

gabbyevs Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 8, 2010
    hi goal

thanks for the info-seems weird they reckon will be available next week are u sure they werent talking aobut normal desire?

theyre website has still got the mailing list up saying if u want to pre order give us your details unless theyve forgotten about that already

Advertisement

2. gabbyevs

None

Sep 8, 2010
    thanks pinn

same as spencer though too late for me im with orange already but doubt they will beat t mobiles deal that im getting theyre upgrade deals have been awful lately

3. SpencerUk

SpencerUk Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Barnsley, South Yorkshire
    There is a rumour going around that it has been delayed until end of the month, which is due to both handsets (Desire HD and Desire Z) failing through Android testing

Source

Personally, I don't believe it...HTC has a good standing relationship with Google (they were the first to bring an android phone to the market and they developed the Nexus One) so I think its more of a stock issue.

CPW maybe referring to the White Desire..Only just come out and my local stores (Barnsley, Wakefield and Meadowhall shopping mall) don't have any in.

Was going to cost me

4. gabbyevs

None

Sep 8, 2010
    yeah they told me a 100 for both i think- ridiculous to think if youre a loyal customer u get a worse deal than a new one

5. Sereniity

Sereniity Member
    None

Sep 19, 2010
    Play.com still have it at Oct 19th but I'm sure they'll delay it further so Vodafail can have exclusivity :(

6. eozen81

eozen81 Member
    None

Sep 30, 2010
    Accountant
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Amazing, they really like making people suffer. On HTC's official launch, Ceo was saying "In October", so November is never unacceptable and it will damage their reputation on reliability and this is something Asian culture does never want.

7. deadite66

deadite66 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 4, 2009
    Any idea when Google I/O is going to happen?, if google announce a new dev phone for gingerbread before i get the Desire HD i may jump ship.

8. SpencerUk

None

Jul 23, 2010
    I'm not loyal full stop..I go where the deals are :)

Nothing we can really do about it, Just wait and see. MPD say customers who placed an order in already should get it by the end of the month..Whether we do, Is another thing.

Take into consideration we are only 9 days into October..plenty of time yet to stick to the promise.

I'm not sticking up for HTC or anything here, just trying to be the logical one over everything at the minute.

Wiki Release Timetable states Q4 this year.

LG has recently delayed there tablets and they wanted to run gingerbread on it so maybe its out slightly later than planned?

Source

Looks like Andy Rubin kept it low key as well

9. oxomcfc

oxomcfc Member
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    manchester
    i am on tmobile uk and have the hero/g2 with 5 month contract left.i rang tmobile up to get a date on the dhd and pre-order as my wife is having my contract hero and i am having the dhd.they wouldn't let me pre-order and have no date for it,i said on your website coming soon page it says October she said this is a guideline and they cannot guarantee october.i then rang vodafone and they are taking pre-orders and the women said its release date is 14th of october.i think vodafone are just saying this so i pre-order with them.DO YOU THINK IN THE NEXT 5 MONTHS DHD IS THE PHONE TO GET,I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE THE LOOK OF IT BUT IF IT KEEPS GETTING DELAYED DONT NO WHEATHER JUST TO WAIT TILL MY CONTRACT IS UP AND GET A PHONE THEN WITH 3.0 STRAIGHT ON IT.

10. SpencerUk

None

Jul 23, 2010
    Why the need for caps?

To my understanding, you won't be able to upgrade when you have 5 months left on your contract.

I believe unless its changed Orange is 3 months before contract ends and T-mobile is 1.

Technology develops, nothing stands still..It maybe top dog for a matter of months before something else topples it..It's how technology works.

11. oxomcfc

oxomcfc Member
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    manchester
    As stated i am getting a new contract as my wife is taking over my contract.

12. SpencerUk

None

Jul 23, 2010
    Well apologies for my oversight, but since you ripped into me, its only fair I rip you into shreds next..Don't say I didn't warn you.

We all can't be perfect eh?

Right so what part of COMING SOON don't you understand?..I mean really, what do you expect T-Mobile to do?. Once they have a date, they will inform potential and existing customers the same. It's called setting customer expectation. No committed date, customer expected date.

Err..No

Vodafone are taking pre-orders because THEY ARE RELEASING IT ON THAT DATE

Source

Another source

So really this is total FAIL from your side.

Is this comment for real?..I mean really?.

Does technology stand still?..Of course it doesn't..
    Do members on here predict the future? I'm sure as hell would like to, but sadly we can't play God.
    Do we know if another competitor will bring out another phone and it will eventually beat the Desire HD: Yes, because that's how technology works. It progresses!.

I mean, if this is a face palm moment, its here!.

Do you even know when Android 3.0 comes out?..Nobody does..Its been rumoured for Q4..that may even get pushed back.

HTC releases android updates for the handset, ok, sometimes they come out real delayed, but they come out.

Oh, and your welcome btw :cool:

13. Mojo Fones

Mojo Fones Newbie
    None

LOL. Hit a nerve there?

14. SpencerUk

None

Jul 23, 2010
    I just didn't like the style of the users reply.

It's ok saying your not intelligent over the Internet, but saying it to someone's face is another thing entirely.

And I tried to be polite but then you got the

Which was uncalled for, that gives me the green light to fire bullets back..which now reading back does seem quite amusing to the neutral xD

15. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 1, 2009
    UK
    If you see a post you find offensive, don't 'rip into' other members. The whole thing will escalate and it won't end well for anybody involved.

Please just report it ([​IMG]), ignore it and carry on with the discussion at hand.

16. oxomcfc

oxomcfc Member
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    manchester
    ha ha,spencer must be from royston

17. SpencerUk

None

Jul 23, 2010
    No actually...way other end :cool:

kungura likes this.
  18. TheSuper

TheSuper Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 6, 2010
    Android newbie lol
    Glasgow, Scotland, UK.
    Vodafone's release date has been pushed back and is now 22nd October for anyone who's getting the handset on contract. Allegedly confirmed by a Vodafone staff member in one of their shops.

I get a very strong feeling it's going to be a while before anyone gets their hands on this phone.

19. SpencerUk

None

Jul 23, 2010
  20. AndrizzleHD

AndrizzleHD Member
    None

Sep 17, 2010
    Male
    Techie
    Droidvaynia
    This sucks so badly. I am heading back to the States in the beginning of Nov and wanted to flaunt this phone around at places like T-Mobile, Verizon & Best Buy.

21. SpencerUk

None

Jul 23, 2010
    Well if it doesn't come out here in time (which usually is the case with the UK market), you could always import from Asia?

EDIT: May even work out cheaper for you

22. alameals

alameals Member
    None

Oct 10, 2010
    First time poster, just joined up. I spoke to the guy working in T-Mobile(UK) in the middle of the week. He was really excited for the HD release because he has the original desire right now. He pulled out a tariff sheet from his desk, showed me one tariff

23. gabbyevs

None

Sep 8, 2010
    ooh wot did i miss last night!?

alameals thanks for that yeah looks like its been pushed back we'lljust have to keep waiting

a few of us have ours preordered through mpd for t mobile so maybe they'll get it soon

24. alameals

alameals Member
    None

Oct 10, 2010
    I have a few questions if anyone doesn't mind answering them. This will be the first time I actually have a mobile that I will use the internet with, is 1GB usage well enough?What would it take for me to go over that, vast amount of streaming youtube or other media websites? How much does a network charge you if you go over all that limit? I wouldn't mind ordering through mpd if I knew 1GB is well enough, is the site trust worthy? Thanks in advance to any questions that get answered

25. SpencerUk

None

Jul 23, 2010

Sunray likes this.