1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Might be time to return phone for 2nd time!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jack58, Jun 29, 2016.

1. jack58

jack58 Android Expert
    None

Apr 23, 2011
    Male
    Photography, Computers
    Tacoma, WA
    I've had more problems with the S7 Edge than I ever had with the Note 4 which had none!

First time I took phone back exactly two months after I bought it was because the screen was freezing all the time.

Even after getting the new phone, the microSD card only works part time. Usually I have to reboot to see it on the computer. This has always gone on... I think maybe it's the "cheap" microSD card I got free with the phone. Now I've had several issues at once starting with the last update a couple weeks ago, Game Service has been showing up all the time on my start screen. Then last night I couldn't send photo's via my text mail, then today I get the message on my start screen: "Process system isn't starting".

Sheesh, I had no problems at all with the Note 4 I had.

Anyone else have these problems and how did you solve them.

I'm going back to Costco's today and seeing if I can get another S7 Edge phone.... or maybe a Note 5. OR, one that is not a Samsung...

Advertisement

2. jack58

jack58 Android Expert
    None

Apr 23, 2011
    Male
    Photography, Computers
    Tacoma, WA
    I decided to reset/wipe phone instead to see if the problems go away. So far, good. Just a big hassle starting over. Anymore problems, I'm going to dump Samsung.

3. Nick The Great

Nick The Great Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Iowa
    My wife and I have each had our S7E's replaced. Under warranty thankfully. I think Sammy tries to pump these out too quickly and we suffer for it.

KOLIO likes this.
  4. TeamPlaya

TeamPlaya Newbie
    None

Jul 1, 2010
    Atlanta
    I reset the phone, due to it wasn't working with the VR headset, but the reset got rid of the "Game Service" message...at least so far, it's been a few days.

5. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    Yeah,it happens,most likely in batches,a temporary failure in the mfg process can result in several handsets making it out the door,even w/the best of preventive measures in place.
    I got 3 Blackberry Privs in a 2 week period & all had the same defect,callers couldn't hear me.
    Didn't go for 4th bite @ the apple,went back to my previous phone.......................

6. jack58

jack58 Android Expert
    None

Apr 23, 2011
    Male
    Photography, Computers
    Tacoma, WA
    Factory resets usually fixes most problems. But the irritating part is if you've had the phone for a couple months or more, it takes hours to get it back to the way you had it set up, programs etc.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.