• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Might buy a samsung galaxy s2 saturday

vakil

Jan 30, 2012
I'm going to be buying my first smart phone Saturday and im thinking of getting a Samsung Galaxy S2, would you guys reccomend i get this phone and for people who have had this phone, do you experience any sort of problems, and also would this phone last me until my next upgrade?

The Galaxy s2 is an amazing phone and is fully capable of holding you over until your next upgrade. If you are worried about the phone having a newer version released in the next few months and having a better processor, screen, camera, or whatever else then you should never upgrade cause thats going to happen regardless of how long you wait. The note is huge at 5.25 and who would want to carry that in their pocket? IMO get the Galaxy you wont be disappointed.

There have been issues with the battery since the 2.3.6 upgrade but that can be worked around with rooting (if you are considering rooting) No phone is perfect though. Read around in this forum, head over to xda and see what they have to say also and you will get a feel for the phone. Ignore the negative posters as most of them have self inflicted issues and would just rather blame the phone other than accept they are doing something wrong.

Reactions: vakil
Upvote 0
i am not worried about the phone having a newer version because the samsung galaxy s2 is 4.3 inch screen and that is the perfect size phone for me and i was also worried about my galaxy s2 having problems, i read around the forum and noticed problems but that was only because they caused the problem. I want my phone to last and not break down so that is why i was worried.

Upvote 0
i just want it to last me through out the day and yes i am willing to root and install custom roms. are you experiencing any more problems with your phone? i have a ipod touch(jailbroken) and i think its really boring and i have used my friends iphones before and i do not really like them so i am really excited to get my first android phone.

Upvote 0
I cannot think of any other problems I am experiencing. Except I am debating whether or not to root. That's not a real problem, though. I had some initial problems with dropped calls, but that cleared up. I am still getting used to the touchscreen. I sometimes accidentally hang up on people. But again, that's nitpicking.

Upvote 0
oh I did think of something that sucks, it's not easy to just sync with outlook. Either you need a shady app from who knows where or samsung kies. And Kies SUCKS. I have a weird and convoluted solution which works for me. Did I mention Kies SUCKS?

edit: also you can end up with two calendars and two contacts if you're not careful. Google ones and "other" ones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones