• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Might have a problem

namu1107

May 20, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
So I went to partition my sd card so I could get more room on XTR 4.0.6.1. I had the rom loaded, and set up, and I partioned the sd card (just chose Partition SD card option in the boot menu), and now when I rebooted my phone, it says "process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly". And I can't reload any nandroid back ups can I can't get the phone to get past this screen. Do I physically need to take my SD card out, mount it to my computer, put the contents of my SD card that I have on my computer back onto the sd card, and put it in my phone? Or is there an easier way to get past this process error?

As far as restoring the contents of your SD card go, remember that the Amon_RA recovery boot has a main menu entry called "USB-MS toggle".

So, you don't need to have a SD card reader for your PC, and you don't need the main OS to be bootable if you use that facility to copy files to/from the FAT32 partition of your SD card via the phone & USB cable.

Just be sure to "Safely Remove Hardware" (or "Eject Drive" on Win7) on the PC after you have finished copying files and before you turn the USB-MS toggle off in Amon_RA.

This will allow you to restore the Nandroid backup sets you had onto your SD card (from the backup of your entire SD card you made to the PC), and from there you can use a "Nand restore" to restore a prior ROM - in the same boot of Amon_RA

eu1

PS As mhotovec points out, it is best to be using an ext3 partition instead of an ext2 partition. You don't need to re-partition the card - just run the ext2 to ext3 conversion menu item in Amon_RA. (This should not touch the FAT32 partition, so it can be done after you have already restored things to the SD card - but I would do the ext2 to ext3 thing before you start using apps2sd).

PS2 Please change the title of your post to something informative - "Might have a problem" is not. (Click on the "Go Advanced" button to access the post title). Creating posts with vague titles causes people (that might want to help you, but are unable) to unnecessarily waste their time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones