1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Mighta just soft bricked this thing?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Spaghadeity, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Spaghadeity

Spaghadeity Member
    None

Jan 10, 2015
    Male
    Even if I didn't, I'm an idiot. Was going to flash to CM, Went to wipe to have a clean install, wiped the SD card I had everything on. I'm still on the TWRP screen, but the SD card is not showing up on the PC i'm connected to with usb so I can't put everything back on.

So uh. What do I do?

Advertisement

2. spock1104

spock1104 Android Expert
    None

Jul 9, 2013
    You're definitely not bricked. Two steps here. First, load a ROM onto your internal memory instead of the sdcard. MTP should work in recovery. That'll get the phone rolling. Second, instead of rebooting, find the option to power down. Then remove the sdcard and find a computer to put it in. Run this: http://www.easeus.com/resource/sd-card-format-recovery.htm or

Good luck!

3. Spaghadeity

Spaghadeity Member
    None

Jan 10, 2015
    Male
    I'm 50% an idiot so bear with me here and what exactly is MTP and how do I do it?

Also there's nothing really on the SD card I need to recover. The only thing I had on it was the rom, gaaps, and the APN fix.

EDIT: I managed to figure out how to use ADB enough to fix it, so now I'm on CM12.1 but with no data, but hey, at least it's not bricked. Thanks for your help me Spock.

#3 Spaghadeity, Jul 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
Tags: