• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

migrate android apps to ios

is there a way to migrate android apps (made in android studio) to ios?
sorry but they are two different os. if the apps had its own server, than it might be possible to store its data there and then the ios app could access it. are you trying to develop? or are you just asking because you plan on going from android to the darkside? maybe explain in more details what is going.

Upvote 0
I'm a developer, and it seems like a tedious task to have to develop an app twice. I have seen that there is a program (MechDome) but I can't find where to download it.
Kind regards.

It's vaporware. Apparently the Mechdome company folded, and never produced anything.

I'm not a dev, but isn't there something called Xamarin, that can be used to develop Android and fruit-phone apps? I know Android development is done using Java or Kotlin, and I think Apple have how added Java support into their Xcode. If that might help with cross-platform development?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Isn't it possible to transfer data from Android to iOS when you set it up? I think there is such a function there, or am I wrong?
There is an option to transfer some applications and limited user data between devices, but that depends upon the application in question already being available (and free) in the App Store / Play Store.

It sounds to me like @dostoyevski was looking for a way to port an application from Android to iOS (where it doesn't already exist).

There are cross-platform development kits which can be used to produce (basic) apps which will run on both iOS and Android (spitting out a separate build for each but based on the same common code) but I'm not aware of anything which can easily convert an existing app (not written using one of those cross-platform frameworks).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones