• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Mikg 2.51 patch....

I could not say for sure but my daughters updated the radios and voice dearch all at once. I was over there today and wanted to check it and see if I could tell if anything else got updated. But I cant get her off it for 5 min to look at it.

yeah but i think that this is the actually 4.53.651.1 update that mik made to patch right in to his current rom. i doubt that he actually put the radio updates in with it. he would have warned people of it otherwise.

Upvote 0
Yeah I am new to this as well. I am running MikG v2.45 - Re-Engineered GB Sense 2.1 + 3.0 from the ROM download page with More Freedom kernal.

Will this update work for me and what is the procedure for flashing it? I'm assuming it would just be the normal wipe cache/dalvik cache.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Yeah I am new to this as well. I am running MikG v2.45 - Re-Engineered GB Sense 2.1 + 3.0 from the ROM download page with More Freedom kernal.

Will this update work for me and what is the procedure for flashing it? I'm assuming it would just be the normal wipe cache/dalvik cache.

Thanks

i think that it should work with 2.45. but i think that this is meant for the 2.5 rom. and yes you would have to just wipe dalvik cache and cache only.

Reactions: sha4000
Upvote 0
I copied the wrong text from the downloads page. I just checking in my about section of the phone and I am indeed running:
MikG-sense 2.1 + 3.0-v2.5

Also, do I need to reflash the more freedom kernal after?

EDIT for anyone else with similar questions

I went ahead and tried it anyway using the updated file without the stock kernal and it appears as if everything went smoothly.

Upvote 0
I copied the wrong text from the downloads page. I just checking in my about section of the phone and I am indeed running:
MikG-sense 2.1 + 3.0-v2.5

Also, do I need to reflash the more freedom kernal after?

EDIT for anyone else with similar questions

I went ahead and tried it anyway using the updated file without the stock kernal and it appears as if everything went smoothly.

You are correct. There is no need to reflash your kernel.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones