• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MikG 3.11 Random Reboots?

Nathan2112

Mar 5, 2012
I flashed this ROM as well as the Anthrax Kernal but recently my Evo just randomly reboots and stays on the MikG boot screen so I have to take out the battery to boot it back up again. It only happens while I am listening to music and playing a game at the same time. When I first flashed it, I didnt have a problem but now it has been doing this once or twice a day... any ideas to what happening? Thanks.

I flashed this ROM as well as the Anthrax Kernal but recently my Evo just randomly reboots and stays on the MikG boot screen so I have to take out the battery to boot it back up again. It only happens while I am listening to music and playing a game at the same time. When I first flashed it, I didnt have a problem but now it has been doing this once or twice a day... any ideas to what happening? Thanks.

Here's a nice little trick thanks to CapThrowback, I had similar issues occasionally, not as many lately.

"Just a quick note on pulling the battery - You should never have to do that.

If your phone gets stuck in that situation, where it won't leave the bootanimation (or even if it gets stuck on the splash screen), if you press and hold both volume buttons and the power button, the phone will automatically reboot. If you're worried about it getting stuck in a bootloop again, after holding the buttons, when the phone begins to turn off, let go of all the buttons except for the Volume-Down button. Holding it will get you to the Bootloader screen, where you can then get to recovery to wipe caches, or flash something else.

Just a neat trick I recently picked up ;). "

Upvote 0
Here's a nice little trick thanks to CapThrowback, I had similar issues occasionally, not as many lately.

"Just a quick note on pulling the battery - You should never have to do that.

If your phone gets stuck in that situation, where it won't leave the bootanimation (or even if it gets stuck on the splash screen), if you press and hold both volume buttons and the power button, the phone will automatically reboot. If you're worried about it getting stuck in a bootloop again, after holding the buttons, when the phone begins to turn off, let go of all the buttons except for the Volume-Down button. Holding it will get you to the Bootloader screen, where you can then get to recovery to wipe caches, or flash something else.

Just a neat trick I recently picked up ;). "

Yep, wish I could thank him 2x for that one. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones