1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

MikG 3.11 Random Reboots?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nathan2112, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Nathan2112

Nathan2112 Well-Known Member

I flashed this ROM as well as the Anthrax Kernal but recently my Evo just randomly reboots and stays on the MikG boot screen so I have to take out the battery to boot it back up again. It only happens while I am listening to music and playing a game at the same time. When I first flashed it, I didnt have a problem but now it has been doing this once or twice a day... any ideas to what happening? Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. frenchy714

frenchy714 Android Expert

Could be a hardware problem. Does your Evo get really hot while playing music and playing a game before it reboots?

3. Nathan2112

No, it usually does not get very hot at all... and there not very heavy games.

4. frenchy714

Try wiping cache/dalvik cache in recovery and rebooting. If the problem continues I would suggest performing a FULL wipe and reflashing the ROM.

Nathan2112 likes this.
  5. Nathan2112

Okay I just wiped cache/dalvik cache, so I will see if that helps. Thanks.

6. frenchy714

Keep us posted.

dustwun77 likes this.
  7. gonowhere

gonowhere Android Enthusiast

Here's a nice little trick thanks to CapThrowback, I had similar issues occasionally, not as many lately.

"Just a quick note on pulling the battery - You should never have to do that.

If your phone gets stuck in that situation, where it won't leave the bootanimation (or even if it gets stuck on the splash screen), if you press and hold both volume buttons and the power button, the phone will automatically reboot. If you're worried about it getting stuck in a bootloop again, after holding the buttons, when the phone begins to turn off, let go of all the buttons except for the Volume-Down button. Holding it will get you to the Bootloader screen, where you can then get to recovery to wipe caches, or flash something else.

Just a neat trick I recently picked up ;). "

8. Nathan2112

Thanks, I will try that if it happens again and so far no reboots :)

9. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :)

Yep, wish I could thank him 2x for that one. :D

10. gonowhere

gonowhere Android Enthusiast

Definitely :thumbup:

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews