• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Mikg2.5 and weather wiget

mikem0269

Android Expert
Aug 15, 2011
Illinois
I have been been having a problem with the weather disapearing on the clock wiget on the home screen.
was using golden monkey
wiped dalvik cache and cache several times
now im using more freedom and its still happening
if i tap where the weather should be it goes to the screen and says no weather data advailable then if i tap that screen it loads and then will show in the wiget but eventualy disapear again. This is the only problem ive been having and was wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

I have been been having a problem with the weather disapearing on the clock wiget on the home screen.
was using golden monkey
wiped dalvik cache and cache several times
now im using more freedom and its still happening
if i tap where the weather should be it goes to the screen and says no weather data advailable then if i tap that screen it loads and then will show in the wiget but eventualy disapear again. This is the only problem ive been having and was wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

i could never get the stock weather widget to work for me... either not data available or picks up a town 100 miles away... :rolleyes:... i use fancy widgets, home widget... love the amount of different clock skins, types, weather skins, etc... you can get pretty darn close to the stock clock and weather with this... allows you to choose between google and weather bug as suppliers... works alot better for me than stock... IMOC...

EDIT - that goes for any of the new rom's... my phone/locale just doesn't like it...

Reactions: mikem0269
Upvote 0
i could never get the stock weather widget to work for me... either not data available or picks up a town 100 miles away... :rolleyes:... i use fancy widgets, home widget... love the amount of different clock skins, types, weather skins, etc... you can get pretty darn close to the stock clock and weather with this... allows you to choose between google and weather bug as suppliers... works alot better for me than stock... IMOC...
Cool thanks i will try that. other than the weather I love this rom everything has ben working as it should.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones