1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Milestone Battery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KingdomUK, Jan 12, 2010.

1. KingdomUK

KingdomUK New Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Hi all, i had milestone for a week now and my battery seems not to make me very happy!!
    i was wondering what are the specs of the battery ? meaning i could buy a fake one ? -not motorolas i mean- thnx a million

Advertisement

2. KingdomUK

KingdomUK New Member

Jan 12, 2010
    its 1400mah , and bp6x , could i buy a nokia one instead ?
    in a shop thats the only thing i should ask ? if it is a bp6x ?

3. celios

celios Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    UK (Scotland)
    A Nokia battery of the equivalent capacity won't fit (they are physically a different size/shape).

Why do you want a fake battery?

You could buy a genuine Motorola one:
    Buy a Motorola Milestone BP6X Battery, #SNN5843A - eXpansys UK

If you are having problems with battery life, search this forum - there is plenty of advice. One of the key things to consider is what is draining the battery? Android 2.0 - installed on your Milestone - provides a chart showing which software / hardware elements are using the battery the most (Settings \ About phone \ Battery use). It's worth looking at this and thinking about how you can reduce drain (switch auto brightness off and switch to a lower brightness on the screen, only sync when you need to, disable 3G/WiFi when not needed, etc.)

It might take a week or so before your phone & battery start to perform optimally though, so if you've just got your phone wait a few days to see if battery life improves.