• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Milestone decided not to read SD card

When i press the power button...i have to slide to unlock it right....

then at the notifications bar...there is a exclamation mark saying

SD card removed. Insert a new one.

There is already an 8gb SD card but why doesnt it read it...i have not taken that SD card of my phone since i bought it..

I even took the card off the phone and putting it back it....still the effing same!!!

Driving me CRAZY!!!

please help me...

Hi everyone, new member here... !!Great forum!!

Unfortunately I do not have an answer but I do want to add myself to the dissapointed list. :(

I bought my XT720 from Ebay (I buees I now know why the guy was selling it LOL) it came with a 8gb card and it all worked fine until I decided to update to a 32g card, same simptoms as the first post, the phone would try to scan the card and if it went to sleep while doing this I would not be able to wake it, the only thing that worked is to get the battery out. I thought this was a software related issue, It came with Dexter's froyo, so I reflashed back to 2.1 and it did same thing, reflashed again to 2.2, same thing... returned the card and got me a 16g card, same damn thing. Seems to me that this is a hardware related issue?? Nothing above 8g seemed to work for me, I'm back to the 8g card and it's now working fine...

Can anyone confirm if your XT720 is working fine with the 8g or less?? :thinking:

Upvote 0
Hi!

Writing this for the first time on a forum, hope I get a quick response to my query.

I need to upgrade my Android version from 2.1 to 2.2 or later version, in order to resolve the issue that when I download applications from Market, it gets saved on phone Memory. How do I save or move them on my SD card instead? There is no option to move.

I appreciate if someone can help.:)

Upvote 0
mrashid99,

You definitely need to upgrade to 2.2 if you want to save your apps on the SD card, but even then not all apps can be saved on the SD, some were not meant to be removable.

I upgraded my XT720 to 2.2 and I found out that you loose the ability to control the volume on the radio, once you turn it on it goes to max volume and you can't turn it down. If this is not a problem for you then go ahead and do it as there are some other features that are not on 2.1.

There are some tutorials on youtube that show you how to do this, and they are very easy to follow. Just be carefull as you can brick your phone if not done correctly. Check them out (sorry I can't send you the link, I am at work and youtube is blocked). There are some very nice videos from a guy called reverend something.

Hope this helps,
Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones