1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Milestone Display Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by svrich, Feb 17, 2011.

1. svrich

svrich Newbie

Hi folks,

Have started with a problem similar to this guys http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R5BM9dXmMg

My problem is that when I press the wake up button on the top, the screen reamins blank and I either need to press it 3 or 4 times for the dispay to appear or slide the keyboard out.

Anyone else had a similar problem? Was there a fix for it?

Cheers

Advertisement

2. svrich

svrich Newbie

**Update**

Hi folks

I ended up emailing Motorola to see if they had any suggestions and the have said restoring the factory settings would resolve this but would delete all the data I have on my phone.

So, I'm happy to do this but my question is. I have synced the phone with my PC using the motorola software that came with the phone, so if I restore the factory settings and then sync the phone will all my picturtes, music and contacts transfer back on to the phone?

Cheers

3. Mopr

Mopr Newbie

I'm not sure as I don't use the Motorola software, but before doing anything plug your phone in to your computer using the USB cable and access the sdcard. Copy the contents to somewhere handy on your hard drive, desktop or wherever and at least that way you know you have a backup of all your pictures, videos, music etc.

As for your contacts, that should all be stored by google so when you log in to your google account from the phone for the first time after the reset they'll already be there.

4. svrich

svrich Newbie

Cheer Mopr, I did just that. Carried out the factory reset but problem is still there.

Went back to Motorola who want me to send it in but I think it is out of warranty now as I've had it over 12 months and I didn't keep my proof of purchase so can't really be bothered with the hassle.

Just something I'll have to live with till I can upgrade, probably move to the HTC Desire next.

Cheers

5. mawing

mawing Guest

reflash to stock sbf?
    but motorola pulled out all sbf file