1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Milestone not recognised by Mac OS X?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lilac, Jun 13, 2010.

1. lilac

lilac Active Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Cheshire, UK
    Hey guys,

Was just wondering if anyone had any ideas. I have googled and searched these forums with no result.

My Milestone (2.1) has never been recognised by my Macbook (1st gen) since the day I bought it when I plug it in via usb. I have been interested in syncing my music on iTunes via doubleTwist so have tried again to connect my Milestone to my Macbook.

I have tried two different cables and my laptop doesn't recognise the phone at all. When I do plug in the phone the screen illuminates, but it doesn't actually charge the phone.

I have used 2 different microusb cables (the one that came with the Milestone and one that came with my partner's Desire) on each of the 2 USB ports.

FWIW I've also successfully connected two previous Nokia phones successfully to this same laptop.

I have successfully connected my Milestone via USB to my partner's Dell M1330 laptop running Windows 7 to do Android updates.

Conversely, my partner's Desire can be connected via USB and is recognised by my Macbook.

Is there any special driver out there I need to download or am I just screwed?

Thanks in advance,
    lilac

Advertisement

2. lilac

lilac Active Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Cheshire, UK
  3. cherylbenson

cherylbenson New Member

Jul 31, 2010
    can't you use an external card readers hooked up by USb? I have mac, and seems the phones I want won't download to mac via USB, and it's a macbookpro with no card reader, it has the extension slot.

the samsung (which I returned it wasnt a smart phone which I have decided I want) I tried prior the mac wouldn't recognize it by usb, I thought getting a card reader that reads all different sizes and connects via usb to download would

is this correct

thank you