• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Milestone Release Schedule?

Michiel

Lurker
Nov 8, 2009
<backstory> I once had a HTC TyTN. It was basically ok at what it did, but it couldn't sync with my Linux systems reliably, so it lost much of its appeal. I eventually sold it and I'm now using a 15 euro phone that came with 10 euro prepaid. You know the kind. Basically, I needed any mobile phone and I would keep my contacts / schedule on paper until a better solution came along. </backstory>

I've been meaning to complicate things again. Android now seems like a good solution, and the Droid/Milestone is the best there currently is. Problem is, I live in the Netherlands.

It's in Germany and in Italy now. But is there any more information - educated guesses even - on when it might arrive in the Netherlands? Or, I'm sure others are interested, elsewhere in Europe?

I was hoping to get one this year. Should I hold my breath?

I know there is the option to import the device from Germany or Italy. But as I understand it, three quarters of the appeal of Android in general, and the Droid in particular, is the wireless internet connectivity.

Yes, I'm in the UK and interested in buying the Milestone - at full retail price if necessary. No official word yet that I can see on any European releases outside of Italy and Germany. Although I'm hoping we get some solid info soon as today is the 9th and the day the Milestone is supposed to be getting an initial release in Germany.

eXpansys in the UK does have it available for pre-order:

Buy a Motorola Milestone Android Smartphone (UK, QWERTY), #MILESTONE_UK - eXpansys UK

And I did read a rumour of an early Dec SIM-free release:

Mobile-Review.com Forums - View Single Post - Motorola Droid's Official

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones