1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support MILESTONE X will not sync automatically

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by glshub, Oct 2, 2011.

1. glshub

glshub Member
    None

Jun 3, 2011
    My wife and I both have Milestone Xs. My google email, calendar and such has to be manually sync-ed. When I go to accts>google> where it has boxes on the right on her phone.. mine has no boxes to check or uncheck. So, I have to manually sync these things. We are both running froyo 2.2.2. Our phones are identical. We bought them the same day, same place(BLUEGRASS CELLULAR) I guess I have done something to screw mine up. Is there a setting or something I can change to fox it? Have thought about a factory reset but my phone service probably isn't good enough here at home to chance it. I drop calls continuously and go from 3 bar 3g to just 1 bar not 3g on and off from minute to minute. (Another thing I don't understand at all. Can start a call with full bars 3g and sometimes in just a few seconds drop to no bars AT ALL! Then sometimes right back to full 3g)

Help??

Advertisement

2. glshub

glshub Member
    None

Jun 3, 2011
  3. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    For starts, I doubt many here know what a Milestone X is.

Have you tried dialing *228, then picking option 2 to update your roaming? That might improve your signal strength.

Have you tried going into settings and compare your settings with her's? I'd check "background data" and "auto-sync", possibly under accounts or sync. (Sorry, I'm not running a stock rom here.)

4. trav473

trav473 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 10, 2010
    The Milestone X is the GSM version of the Droid X. If you are not rooted and not into the modding of the phone, I would suggest a factory data reset... Settings>Privacy>Reset. and as far as your signal loss, does your wife's phone have the same problem? if the *228 doesn't work, and the factory reset doens't change anything, I would get ahold of your provider. could be a hardware issue with your phone.

5. glshub

glshub Member
    None

Jun 3, 2011
    Would u please explain the *228 thing?

I only have a small amt of roaming data without having to pay and I DO mean pay! I can't even use my great maps, car dock, and all when I'm on roam. Isn't that being handcuffed??

I HATE bluegrass cellular! They have a monopoly here in KY. If u aren't in a city and are never going to go outside the city limits then u WILL use bluegrass and u WILL take what they give u or u will not have a useable cell phone period.

Sorry for the rant.. its true tho. Pleasewould u explain the *228.

Thanks!!

6. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    *228 option 2 is treated like a phone number and works for Verizon. It shouldn't hurt to try it.

Just open your dialer and enter *228 for the phone number. When given the choice, press the number 2 on your keypad to update your roaming (cell tower info in your neighborhood).

If that doesn't work, swing by their office and ask a tech to update your roaming.

7. glshub

glshub Member
    None

Jun 3, 2011
    Not with verizon.

8. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    I know you're not with verizon.