• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Million dollar advertising opportunity- what to do?

iCookie

Lurker
Apr 30, 2012
Dear fellow Androiders,

I have recently been appointed by a startup branch of a major telecom company. Google has given us an opportunity in which we can display a tile on the front page of the google play store which will be displayed to our customers.

Now, the million dollar question is: What would you do to get people to actually enter "your" shelf in Google Play? What graphic or visual would you put on this tile to stands out from other elements on the front page?

Ofcourse I have several ideas- but thought it could be an interesting discussion as this is a new development in the Android world.

Just look at what's in there now, that catches your eye. To me anything that is colorful and "exciting" typically gets a look. However, it has to be something I am interested in also.

For instance, in the Google Play App store front page now, at the top in the scrolling tiles section you have Pocket app. The tile is boring. You can't tell what it is just by looking at it. However, Color and Draw as well as NBA Jam looks colorful and you pretty much know what you got. NBA Jam looks exciting.

I would think that you would want to "sell" your item from the first moment that someone sees the icon (or tile in this case). I like apps that are obvious what they are from the moment you see them. Something that catches the eye in the ocean of other apps. Just my $.02

Upvote 0
@ Omar Days: I see where you're coming from and if I were you I would also ask the same question. The problem is I am not in marketing and advertising as the company ofcourse has it's own department which does that. My role will be more in developing best-practice strategies for the various countries- but I can't say too much more...yet. Sex does sell, but obviously we can't use that.

@ Jerofld: Sorry about that- I will change it asap.

@ SafetyOBC and dan330: Those are great suggestions- thank you for that. Perhaps I can do something similar here or best advice.

For anyone else- please keep the suggestions coming!

Upvote 0
Would someone mind explaining how I can change a thread title?

Thank you in advance !

Edit your original post by clicking this button on it:
edit.gif
Then click "go advanced" and then you can edit the title :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones