1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Mind Benda's absolute must have app list for Huawei Ascend (Feel free to add suggestions.)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mindbenda84, Feb 9, 2011.

1. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Android Enthusiast

Uh Huh. A likely story. Take your hands out of your pockets, boys, and let's see what you've been "up" to.....

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Jazziette

Jazziette Android Expert

LOL Blast! It's so good to have you back! :D

3. efeigenbaum

efeigenbaum Android Enthusiast

Maybe it's me but I have installed and tried Launcher Pro several times since I got my Ascend and I honestly do not see why so many folks like it so much. It did not speed up anything on my phone and when I would exit back to my homescreen it was take 10 or 15 seconds to bring up the icons. There were a few things about it that I liked but I prefer the 3x3 grid that Canvas provides and I didn't care for having to wait for my homescreen to come up.

4. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Android Enthusiast

Sounds like you've had a somewhat unique experience, as the majority of people notice a significant speed boost. I personally had a lot of lag when scrolling through the app drawer on Canvas, and the only time I've had lag with returning to the homescreen in LP was when it had to restart. But things happen, so I don't discount your experience by any means, just sorry to hear it didn't work so well for you.

Sweetie, you can't get rid of me that easily. My absence over the weekend was the norm, as it's hard to find much time on the PC with 2 kids and the wife, errands, shopping, church, etc. Plus, my wife and I were busy trying to cram about 3 weeks' worth of homework into one night, and we're still a bit short of completion, so I'll have another wonderful night of waxing eloquent about poems and poets in which/whom I have absolutely no interest.

Oh well, what else can you do when you're working full time AND back in school to get your SECOND degree.....

Jazziette likes this.
  5. Mindbenda84

Mindbenda84 Well-Known Member

Huge update:

EasyTeather
    Before I listed Pdanet. Red flag. After further review of the play the ruling on the field is overturned. I have the pro versions of both and I gotta say. The SMS program is gimmicky, but unnecessary. Easytether runs smoother and takes less steps to start.

Better Keyboard:
    I have the pro version, and yeah worth the money. Even though I torrented it. It predicted my text perfectly and has a lovely speech to text function.

Xscope Browser:
    Again I am a flash junkie, so this browser in addition to its fast transition and ability to link to Skyfire you can download flash videos as mp4 format as you could with realplayer plugin for Firefox.

Lock 2.0:
    The Ascend lacks a instant lock feature. Putting this on your home screen will give you just that. It helps for people like me who hates their touchscreen activating in the pocket and/or having to wait to put the phone in standby mode. Or conserving battery power by forcing your phone into standby.

shuttlebill likes this.