• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mini Android TV - ZERO Devices Z802 with Android 4.0

Motherboard's pictures ZERO Devices Z902 (new product available maybe next month):

Z902-PCB_1.jpg

Zero_Devices_Z902_PCB_2.jpg

1Gb Memory DDR3 - 4Gb Storage
CPU - Allwinner
OS - Android 4.0
I/O Ports: Micro USBX2; USB2.0X1; HDMIX1; MicroSDX1

MK802/ Z802 or other cheaper hdmi dongle have't ESD protection on HDMI.
It is only the free space on the PCBA for AXP209. The save some money :thinking: or manufacturer dont care about it.

My advice is considered and not pull cable from the HDMI when is working.
You can fry quickly these toys. :D

• Added ESD
  • Added power protect circle
  • Soft turn on/off.
  • HDMI connector pop out

Via: CNX-Software - MK802

Upvote 0
I have the 1Gb version of the MK802. I have problems with Wifi performance. Tested it on my Airport Extreme, airport express and a net gear wireless router. In al cases the signal strength is very good but the speed is way to slow. HBO GO or playing a movie works but after a short time it needs to buffer the stream. Not verry watchable.

Playing movies from the internal memory works fine, it's just the Wifi that sucks. I ordered a USB/ LAN adapter. Hopefully that makes it possible to stream movies frm my NAS and watch HBO GO.

Also it runs verry hot, so if the LAN adapter orks, I will modify it with a heat sink.

Upvote 0
Hi All,

I just recieved my Z802. Finally.

But when i connnect it with my tv i get no signal. I put in the power adapter and i see a orange light at the z802.

The mouse connected with usb is lighting up. So everything looks fine, but i dont get a signal.

I try to reset it with the firmware from the vip website but my system don't regonize the device. I see a android device at the computer management but i cant do something with it. livesuit give the error there are no devices to update.

Can someone help me?
Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi All,

I just recieved my Z802. Finally.

But when i connnect it with my tv i get no signal. I put in the power adapter and i see a orange light at the z802.

The mouse connected with usb is lighting up. So everything looks fine, but i dont get a signal.

I try to reset it with the firmware from the vip website but my system don't regonize the device. I see a android device at the computer management but i cant do something with it. livesuit give the error there are no devices to update.

Can someone help me?
Thanks

Hey mate,

I had the same problem with my Sony Bravia TV, for some reason it doesn't get the signal in a proper formatting. I solved it by connecting the stick to my other TV (Samsung), where I adjusted the output resolution in Settings to 720p. After that, I reconnected to the Sony, and set the resolution there to 1080i. Now it works like a charm on both TV's... well, display-wise. For the rest, device is quite severely underpowered for most applications, although it plays media quite well trough Mx Player. I now use it with Miniand Lubuntu Linux (boots from a SDHC card) as a brain for my robotics and drone projects - in that role, it's a absolutely fantastic device!

Upvote 0
50USD... I can guess the quality...

An important thing about China, after a company launchs a new and good products lots of small "factories" try to copy. But always always always the just think how to break the market with cheap prices (if not they will not sell), so just produce rubbish. Later, after their market is bigger, even can produce cheaper than before changing the materials quality (even worst than before is possible). Every part has A, B, C.. quality. Later if they have problems about warrany with customers just need to change the name of their company and cheat more people again...

I think now, after some years on this, I even can write a book about the chinese bad quality :D

Paul Midler beat you to it....
200px-Poorly_Made_in_China-cover.jpg

:rolleyes:

http://book.360buy.com/19000648.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones