1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Mini HDMI output to TV/receiver

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Cuttle42, May 24, 2011.

1. Cuttle42

Cuttle42 Newbie

I got my mini HDMI cable in the mail yesterday from monoprice - tried hooking it up to my TV through my receiver (Onkyo TX-SR608)....I can't get any result. My Transformer recognizes I have plugged in the HDMI cable but all I get is a blank blue screen on my TV. Does anyone have suggestion? Anyone else have this problem?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nowires

nowires Lurker

Limit the variables. Does it work if you bypass the Onkyo and go straight into the TV/Monitor?

3. Cuttle42

Cuttle42 Newbie

I was going to try that tonight....But ultimately I would really like it to work through my receiver in order to take advantage of my surround sound when streaming video or playing movies. Thanks for your response!

4. kampfwolf09

kampfwolf09 Well-Known Member

I'll try it on my pioneer tonight. What version of HDMI does you Onkyo have?

5. Cuttle42

Cuttle42 Newbie

It has 1.4 Thanks! I got it to work when I go straight to the TV but I want my surround sound!

6. kampfwolf09

Yea works fine on my pioneer, its only a 1.3 though. There is some scaling issues. Probably just need to adjust pic settings.

7. yakboy

yakboy Well-Known Member

OP - Did you get anywhere with this? I'm desperate to know if anyone has managed to get any Android tablet to output not only video but actual DD or DTS sound over HDMI. I too want to run audio via my processor (although in my case via the TV first, it's an old receiver) but I don't seem to be able to find an answer to this simple question anywhere.

I really though more people who had tablets would also have surround processors, seems I was wrong.

Thanks in advance.

8. kampfwolf09

I don't think it will do any type of DTS or DD, but i haven't been able to put any videos on the TF that have those types of audio on it either.

9. mobimop

mobimop Well-Known Member

Just hook up a fiber optic cable from your tv to your pioneer.

10. snyph3r

snyph3r Lurker

I got mine hooked up to a pioneer tv,video is on but cant get the sound working

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Forum

The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, and Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 processor.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews