• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Mini Rom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok - I'm getting PMs on this, I've lifted this from one of my answers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok - first - Hroark quit, he wasn't banned by me.

ABCIndicate were found to be taking other's work, adding themes and paid apps for free and claiming it as original intellectual property. They were given four chances to stop, and instead, they opened a website that said they had a business model - their term, not ours, business model - and it was to hook you in on our forums and then get you to install their goods once you were a member on their site, and that they would NOT host that stuff on other sites => BUSINESS MODEL.

Adding up, that's spamming for one thing, creating multiple member accounts to give the illusion of popularity and excitement where none existed, and here's a big one - Android is open source. We don't believe that you should be rooked into business model schemes to get a rom, nor should be unaware that the rom you're running was really made by someone else.

The only developers banned in the 2+ years that I've been a mod have been banned on other forums as well - for kanging, stealing, etc etc.

So this idea -

it seems like the people who are most knowledgeable and most able to help with the Dev of our phone are the ones most likely to be banned
- while very popular here simply is not true.

And for the record - Hroark did come back under a different name. We'd have been happy if he used his original, but that was his choice. He got into a disagreement with someone. On Christmas Eve. I asked that everyone take a break for the holiday and we all talk it over in a few days. He responded by saying that was unacceptable and to please ban him.

If people quit, or ask that we ban them - we can't help that.

And what upset Hroak the most, in the first place?

Kanging, stealing and creating dummy accounts. Exactly what we've been fighting with the ABC crowd.

See the situation we face? ;) :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uploads of anything by ABCIndicate will be taken down.

There are plenty of fine devs here, and on XDA for example.

But spamming and kanging is not going to fly here.

One of most popular devs left because we didn't stop it fast enough or come down against it hard enough - and another who felt the same way created a list of dumbasses guilty of the same for us to keep an eye on.

We believed they were both right, so we're not going back to our old ways.

Upvote 0
i apologize....i have never had the issue explained before...i have always been told "just go look at such-and-such thread it all happened there" and there is a buncha deleted posts and nothing is explained...and it tends to make this forum, as a whole, look bad when stuff like that happens, and that is cause of my adversity...

I could go on about my years of being on forums, message boards, and newsgroups...and coming across situations as this, as a user and a moderator, but I will refrain from boring you.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
after some research I have some to the following conclusions

ABC is a crew, and we use this lightly because we are not sure if it is just one person with multiple screen names or multiple people, of Themers who have used peoples ROMs without giving credit or asking permission, or in some cases with explicit instructions to NOT use a persons ROM, and then Themeing said ROMs and releasing them as Full ROMs...once again without giving credit, or asking permission or disregarding explicit instructions to not use a persons ROM....

Basically, they are lying, stealing bastards who deserve what they got

Upvote 0
after some research I have some to the following conclusions

ABC is a crew, and we use this lightly because we are not sure if it is just one person with multiple screen names or multiple people, of Themers who have used peoples ROMs without giving credit or asking permission, or in some cases with explicit instructions to NOT use a persons ROM, and then Themeing said ROMs and releasing them as Full ROMs...once again without giving credit, or asking permission or disregarding explicit instructions to not use a persons ROM....

Basically, they are lying, stealing bastards who deserve what they got

I see...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones