• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

mini-SD card and Oovoo problem--!!! Mid 9742 Android 4.0

cailuqin

Lurker
Apr 11, 2012
Hi, everyone

Got my mid 9742 two weeks ago, very happy with video, audio and 9.7'' size. However, there are 2 problems bothering me, I am the first time android user, not sure is tablet's problem or not.
1. mini SD card. I bought a 32 g mini sd card, mid 9742 recognized it right away, but when I tried to copy a picture from the internal storage to the mini SD card, it won't work. However, it seems I can copy somthing from mini SD card to the internal storage. I use ES File Explorer.
2. I am so happy with mid 9742, I bought two of them. I use them to try oovoo, when I use one to call the other, both of them will make "chiping" sounds but no showing live picture or voice.

Again, I am the first time android user, These are probably not tablet's problems. Thank you very much if anyone can help me fix these problems.

Hi, everyone

Got my mid 9742 two weeks ago, very happy with video, audio and 9.7'' size. However, there are 2 problems bothering me, I am the first time android user, not sure is tablet's problem or not.
1. mini SD card. I bought a 32 g mini sd card, mid 9742 recognized it right away, but when I tried to copy a picture from the internal storage to the mini SD card, it won't work. However, it seems I can copy somthing from mini SD card to the internal storage. I use ES File Explorer.
QUOTE]
Hi cailuqin

The miniSD card is called a microSD card

Sounds like your microSD card is set to ReadOnly ( needs to be set to Read/Write)

What Name microSD Card?
What Class microSD Card?

Also, please take time to explain how you are trying to copy to and from.
Example - Is the microSD plugged into your tablet or plugged into your computer?
If the microSD card is plugged into your computer Using an Adapter ,
take a close look at the Adapter amd make sure its no the the LOCKED position
(there is a little slider on the side of the Adapter)
if the Adapter is locked position, slide to the Unlocked position.

(push the slider down to make it Read/Write).

----------------------------------

ALSO, more discussion on the MID9742 can be found HERE:
http://androidforums.com/general-tablet-talk/527241-coby-kyros-mid9742.html

Upvote 0
I talked with Coby support, they told me the current solution for micro SD card problem is to connect the tablet with a PC, the internal storage and the micro SD card will appear as two separate removable drive in your pc, then you can move files around. Well, it's better than nothing, but I hope they can fix the problem and allow tranfer files between the internal storage and micro SC freely without the PC.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones