1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

MIni SD card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kilauea, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Kilauea

Kilauea Lurker

What is the largest capacity card that can be used ? And should I store all apps/music/ pix on the card ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. donjuro

donjuro Android Expert

Actually it's micro, and to be safe 32 but 64 is worth a try.

Kilauea likes this.
  3. MCF3778

MCF3778 Member

I use a pny microxd 64 in mine no problems

Kilauea and donjuro like this.
  4. jeffmd

jeffmd Well-Known Member

64gb works fine.

5. lotrfreak16

lotrfreak16 Newbie

I've used a Samsung 64GB SDXC Class 10 in my overheating GS3 and it's not getting recognized in my brand new Volt, I'm very disappoint. Can someone put an Amazon purchase link to a verified "working in LG Volt" 64gb card? I don't want to miss my large gb space for this smaller phone.

6. MCF3778

MCF3778 Member

ive read that you want the volt to format the card before you use it.... when I used the microxd card I have I put it in my phone right from the package with nothing on it, the phone asked if I wanted to format it and it worked fine

donjuro likes this.
  7. donjuro

donjuro Android Expert

Format it but make sure you back up any important stuff if you can

8. lotrfreak16

lotrfreak16 Newbie

@MCF3778 and @donjuro, I have the card sitting in my phone right now, it says "sd card inserted" in the notification bar when inserted, but any SD card options in Storage are greyed out and cannot be utilized. I did format my card FAT32 on my PC using Minitool Partition Wizard, and but it was readable by my PC beforehand, so I know it's not being corrupted by the phone.
    Any thoughts?

9. MCF3778

MCF3778 Member

try removing the format and drive letter so the card will not work in windows and then put it in the phone.... the phone should format it and it should work

10. lotrfreak16

lotrfreak16 Newbie

Removed the entire partition, card is still recognized in phone, but no options for usage within said phone, still greyed out.

11. donjuro

donjuro Android Expert

Is it possible that maybe you have a knock off?

12. lotrfreak16

lotrfreak16 Newbie

I bought the card from the Amazon.com seller "Amazon.com" on a sale, it was:
    http://amzn.to/1rtIher
    My father has a SanDisk 64gb card that works on my phone, so he agreed to swap. I'm gonna probably look into only investing in SanDisk after this. Must have just been an interesting incompatibility between the card and the phone, even though it should have worked.

13. donjuro

donjuro Android Expert

Yea, you should probably stick with sandisk. It's all I buy.

14. MCF3778

MCF3778 Member

I just stick with what I can get cheaper.... and I bought this pny card because it was $21..... just remember that anything larger than 32gig cant be an sdhc and has to say sdxc

15. lotrfreak16

lotrfreak16 Newbie

@donjuro, I think I'm gonna do that now, even if it costs me a few bucks. @MCF3778, I followed that methodology cause the Samsung SDXC was on sale, but it isn't compatible with all my technology, while the Sandisk is. I am all for thrifty tech, but if it borks on some things, I get frustrated.

16. Kilauea

Kilauea Lurker

Have you "unmounted" then 'mounted the card ? That solved a problem I had.

17. lotrfreak16

lotrfreak16 Newbie

@Kilauea, I would have attempted that with the Samsung card, but it doesn't even show up as a card in the phone. It showed the notification "SD Card Inserted," but didn't show anything in the storage settings option.

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews