• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories mini sd

Hello, diglz.

Sure, many, I'd say most Android device users replace the original (small capacity) SD cards with larger ones right away, or at some point when they realize then can move and install apps, media, etc to the card instead of in phone memory.

I got a 32 right at the store when I purchased my new Fascinate. The HTC Desire can accommodate those 16s I see at that Ebay add you lnked to.

Upvote 0
hi guys i just got my htc desire today and love it already, but it only came with a 2gb memory stick, can i replace it with one ofthese ones i found on ebay?
As the others said, yes you can replace it with a larger microSD card. I believe the Desire supports up to 32GB cards, but those are a bit pricey. The best price/size ratio seems to be 16GB. My Desire came with an 8gig card, which is large enough for me so I haven't changed it.

And again as others said, be careful where you buy your cards as many ebay sellers are offering cheap cards that are fakes - the claimed capacity and actual capacity are very different. Basically they're 1 or 2gig cards with 32gig controllers and labels on them. When you put these fakes in your phone or camera or camcorder, the device reports it as 32gig since it has a 32gig controller. But the actual flash memory onboard is very small so when the device tries to write to the card in excess of the actual capacity, you get a failure.
:eek:
You get what you pay for, so beware of cheap prices.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones