1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Mini Seidio Dock Review

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dubbin1, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Android Expert

So I got my Surface case, belt clip and dock from Seidio today. I wasn't sure I would like the dock since it isn't horizontal but after playing with it for a couple minutes my mind has been changed. Now I can have it sitting next to me and use my GN without having to remove it from the dock. It is a bit of a pain to get it to sit on the dock but I'm guessing with time I will get the hang of it. It also has enough heft to it so you wont have to worry about it tipping over.

Oh and the dock will work with or without the case.

seidioonline.com

On a side note I was able to put the case on with the extended battery and stock battery cover with no modifications to the case or the cover. I didn't even bother trying the back from the extended battery yet. The next time I need to remove the battery I'll give it a shot.

syntrix likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. syntrix

syntrix Android Expert

seidio has a bad rap from the incredible days, but I'm willing to look past that.

It looks like if you dock it, you could flick the top of your SGN and it would bounce back to front, or possibly create pressure on the microusb port.

Please report! **over** **beep**:D

3. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Android Expert

I hard had nothing but good luck with every seidio case and clip I have owned clear back to my bb curve days.

I see no issues with the micro USB port unless you grab the phone and purposely break it.

Flyguy94 likes this.
  4. daddyd302

daddyd302 Android Enthusiast

Pictures??

5. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Android Expert

6. teddyearp

teddyearp Android Expert

Typo? The dock in the link shows that the phone will sit vertical, but you said it isn't vertical. Which is it? Or did you mean it isn't horizontal?

Thanks.

Dubbin1 likes this.
  7. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Android Expert

Whoops good catch, I shall fix that now :eek:

teddyearp likes this.
  8. daddyd302

daddyd302 Android Enthusiast

Meh, I should of said.... Pictures of it with your GN on it... :D

Dubbin1 likes this.
  9. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Android Expert

It looks like the one on the site but with a phone sitting on it :p

I'll get a picture posted tomorrow just for you ;)

10. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Android Expert

11. bamorris2

bamorris2 Newbie

Is that the Seidio case as well?

12. bamorris2

bamorris2 Newbie

Nevermind, I see in your OP that it is the Surface case. Can you give a quick review on that case?

Back in my Blackberry days, I always had Seidio cases and docks. I really liked them, especially because their docs were designed to accommodate their cases.

13. Booya

Booya Well-Known Member

Why is it a pain to set it on the dock?

14. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Android Expert

I have also been using them since the BB days, they are still as good now as they were then. Has the same great fit and feel.

Just hard to hit the hole :D

15. syntrix

syntrix Android Expert

Hey at least this man is docking, even if the hole is hard to hit! :D:D

Dubbin1 likes this.
  16. BzB

BzB Android Enthusiast

i have the seidio dock and getting the phone to plug into the microusb connector on the dock is a huge pain. there is no 'guide' on the dock where you can just slide the phone on. the plug just kind of sits out in the open and you have to fiddle with the phone to line it up properly to get it on. forget trying to just drop the phone on the 'dock' or even docking the phone in the dark.

for comparison sake, the seidio dock i had for my thunderbolt allowed you to basically drop the phone into the dock and it slid right in. no fiddling required.

for ease of use i'd give the seidio gnex dock a 2.5 out of 4. it's ok, but this will not be my everyday dock. hopefully seidio releases an improved dock that works with the case or a competitor releases a dock that works with the case. at this point i'm almost better off just trying to plug the cable into the phone without a dock.

17. T-Keith

T-Keith Android Enthusiast

Thanks for the heads up. I was looking at the sedio, but it seems like it's pretty universal. Too much money for that, I may try to make something myself.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews