• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories mini usb cords?

quick question, i just realized that i still have my old cord i kept plugged in the computer from my behold 2 here at work. was wonderin are all mini usb cords the same? when i plugged it in, it lit up and started to charge and it fit just fine. i just want to make sure i wont harm my phone using this.

thats not true, some usb cords charge faster or slower, download current widget. also I have a usb cord with a blackberry logo and it doesnt charge my phone right, sometimes it charges sometimes it doesnt and sometimes it overheats my phone in the middle of the night

That's because like Scorpdx said, the cord is the same, it's the charger part, the part that actually plugs in, that is the difference. The cord is just a cord with a micro-usb on one end and a standard usb on the other. The plug part determines the flow through the cord. For example you can use a micro-usb cord to replace the MINI-usb cord used with the Touch Pro II with the Touch Pro II's plug.

FYI the charger that comes with the EVO is rated at 5v=1amp. Check the plug on your blackberry charger, I'm pretty sure it's not the same voltage and amps that the EVO's charger is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones