• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mini-USB Synchronization Cable

Here's a link to one I bought. If it is too long for what you want just get a small zip wire tie and rollup what you don't use. I know there are probably some cheaper ones on the "bay" but I felt better buying the moto one (even though the phone is not moto). Worked great 2.99 out the door with free shipping. *This is not my personal auction*

http://cgi.ebay.com/MOTOROLA-MINI-U...wItemQQptZPDA_Accessories?hash=item2c4fc5f9a5

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Here is what I bought. Its the exact same thing as what I recieved with the phone. Looks OEM and comes with the wall adapter.
OEM HTC Home Charger+USB Sync Cable Sprint HTC Hero - eBay (item 120480441453 end time Jan-11-10 13:56:10 PST)

How do you guys use the mini usb? I have like ten of them form my exclaim and bb's but I cant get them to fit in the hero, the connector looks like like its completly different inside the metal housing?

We have some BB wall chargers and they work. Instead of putting the "face up" mark of the charger facing up, turn it upside down and it fits perfectly. :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The USB port on the phone is slightly bigger than a normal mini USB in that it has one corner of the plug expanded. There is still one long side and one short side to the plug so a normal mini USB fits in there so long as you align the two longs sides. Having said that, mine is a GSM hero, not sure about sprint...I'm in Canada.

Every HTC device has been like this for a few years. I believe there is an extra pin that carriers audio for HTC's usb headphones etc

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones