1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Mini-USB Synchronization Cable

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jamesdal1, Dec 18, 2009.

1. jamesdal1

jamesdal1 Newbie

I am looking to buy a new Mini-USB Synchronization Cable, where I can I find one? The one on sprint costs 24.99, is there a better place to buy it?

2. stinky

stinky Android Enthusiast

If you have a standard usb mini cable at home use that. Most digital cameras and devices are coming with them these days, and work fine on the Hero despite having a slightly different connector, it still fits and works fine.

Also, check ebay for cables, never let me down yet.

3. flairmedk

flairmedk Member

Here's a link to one I bought. If it is too long for what you want just get a small zip wire tie and rollup what you don't use. I know there are probably some cheaper ones on the "bay" but I felt better buying the moto one (even though the phone is not moto). Worked great 2.99 out the door with free shipping. *This is not my personal auction*

http://cgi.ebay.com/MOTOROLA-MINI-U...wItemQQptZPDA_Accessories?hash=item2c4fc5f9a5

4. Perihelion

Perihelion Member

I got the one I'm using from the dollar store. $1.05 including tax. My next choice would have been http://www.monoprice.com . Their stuff is CHEAP but it works!

5. mattheis

mattheis Member

6. Perihelion

Perihelion Member

The USB port on the phone is slightly bigger than a normal mini USB in that it has one corner of the plug expanded. There is still one long side and one short side to the plug so a normal mini USB fits in there so long as you align the two longs sides. Having said that, mine is a GSM hero, not sure about sprint...I'm in Canada.

7. COMOEd

COMOEd Newbie

We have some BB wall chargers and they work. Instead of putting the "face up" mark of the charger facing up, turn it upside down and it fits perfectly. :)

8. eyebeam

eyebeam Extreme Android User

9. jamesdal1

jamesdal1 Newbie

thanks guys, very good info. I was skeptical b/c the connector is slightly different.

10. rockcrawler

rockcrawler Well-Known Member

11. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Android Enthusiast

Every HTC device has been like this for a few years. I believe there is an extra pin that carriers audio for HTC's usb headphones etc

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews