• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

minimalist text not working

swger

Lurker
Jun 20, 2011
please help. I've been playing with minimalist and I haven't gotten anywhere. First off every time I save a widget when I return and try to reload it all of the preferences have reset back to default. When I do create them I get an error message when I apply saying not enough space, operation failed. I checked my memory and I have only used around 10%. I also read in a thread that it may have been installed on the sd card so I moved it to the phone and still no go. I am lost as what to do here. I have watched a few youtube videos and cant seem to find that I am doing anything different. My phone is a droid X2 and I am an idiot. Thanks in advance.

please help. I've been playing with minimalist and I haven't gotten anywhere. First off every time I save a widget when I return and try to reload it all of the preferences have reset back to default. When I do create them I get an error message when I apply saying not enough space, operation failed. I checked my memory and I have only used around 10%. I also read in a thread that it may have been installed on the sd card so I moved it to the phone and still no go. I am lost as what to do here. I have watched a few youtube videos and cant seem to find that I am doing anything different. My phone is a droid X2 and I am an idiot. Thanks in advance.

swger, first off, welcome to AndroidForums!

Second, I've moved your thread to the D2X forum (although you might actually need to be in an app-specific trouble-shooting forum...lemme look into that).

Third, I did a quick search: is the "space" issue because you don't have enough space on the screen for the text to be displayed (i.e., the text will be wider / bigger than the displayable area on the screen)?

I'm going to download the app and give it a go to see if it reports the same thing on my DX.

Cheers!

Reactions: swger
Upvote 0
swger,

I'm guessing that the message I get when I try to add a widget that is too big, "No more room on this home screen.", does not match what you are seeing?

I did get this message when I tried to change the orientation of the text that the widget would display:

"No widgets placed on the home screen. Please go to your home screen, long-tap on a free space and select Minimalistic Text to add a widget to your home screen."

How about that one?

Also, it looks like this forum might be the best place for your thread:

Android Applications - Android Forums

but I won't move it unless you want me to or I hear back that you've seen this post. Lemme know.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Thanks. The way the tutorials looked it seemed that text would display, just cut off. After I posted I went back and after my fourth widget they started saving and I was able to get clock and a batstat going before it quit saving. It makes me wonder if there is not a background app running causing interference. But thank you again for the help and ill look forward to hearing back from you.

Upvote 0
Thanks. The way the tutorials looked it seemed that text would display, just cut off. After I posted I went back and after my fourth widget they started saving and I was able to get clock and a batstat going before it quit saving. It makes me wonder if there is not a background app running causing interference. But thank you again for the help and ill look forward to hearing back from you.

LOL...no problem, swger. I've only briefly played with the app once before tonight, so you are way more experienced with it than I ;).

I don't know about how another background app might be impacting this, but if you are indeed running very low on memory, then maybe you might get a message like you first reported? (do you have a ton of things or some very large apps installed? I would think the D2X would have as much if not more than the DX like I have...).

Also, if you are game, there's a thread over on XDA that probably has more than you ever wanted to know about Minimalist Text:

[App] Minimalistic Text - xda-developers

So, if there is any group of folks that might be able to help you, its them ;).

Let me know if you want me to move your thread to the application area I mentioned before.

Cheers and good luck!

Reactions: swger
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones