1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Minimalistic Text Widgets Not Updating - Is this a Launcher Pro or MT Problem??

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by scudder, Apr 16, 2012.

1. scudder

scudder Android Expert

...or is it something else??

For some reason, all of a sudden, with no changes to my phone or settings or SetCPU controls (don't even use that). I have found that my Minimalistic Text widgets that I have created that show time and uptime/battery info (and I also presume those that should update with weather and other information) are NOT updating.

For example, went to bed around 11pm last night, phone on my nightstand with screen off, and woke up about 7am, 8 hours later. When I turned on my screen, the phone clock was 7am but the Minimalistic text widgets said somewhere around "11:04pm" either in numbers or text. Usually turning the phone screen on would immediately cause the widgets to update but didn't happen. Same problem with my battery percentage remaining and uptime...percentage was stuck at previous night's value and the uptime was off by about 8 hours (the amount of time I slept with the phone and its screen off).

If I restart Launcher Pro the widgets restart and DO show the correct time but, again, when the screen is off for a time and then comes back on, Minimalistic Text is NOT updated...

So, is this a Minimalistic Text issue or a Launcher Pro issue??...or something else...??

THANKS!

--------------
    Edit:

Forgot to mention since this is a general forum I have a rooted EVO running MikG 3.11 ROM

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scudder

scudder Android Expert

I just read some information from the dev at the XDA forums thread regarding widget updates and "Resource Management":

However, even when my screen turns back on the widgets are not timely updating. Only a restart of Launcher Pro will update the widgets to the correct values.

And up until a couple days ago my phone as it sits now (haven't done any changes to it in a while) was acting fine...and now I have this Minimalistic Text widget issue...??

I'm thinking it might not be entirely a Minimalistic Text issue because I have also noticed that my Jorte calendar month view (and perhaps other views) will TOTALLY BLANK OUT...no data/entries for any of the dates. If I try to refresh or reload calendars within the app, Jorte FORCE-QUITS. In the case with Jorte, a Launcher Pro restart will NOT fix the calendar...I must, at least, hot reboot my phone (using MIkG 3.11 ROM MikTweaks for the hot reboot) or fully reboot the phone.

Thoughts??

3. scudder

scudder Android Expert

Anybody?? Lots of views...but am I alone with this??

Suggestions welcomed!!

:D