1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Minimize Brightness Further?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jakobo48, Jun 3, 2010.

1. jakobo48

jakobo48 Lurker

So I'm using NexBeast v1.1 on my Droid and noticed in the clock app there is a brightness button that dims the screen even further (similar to the bedside app I'm guessing). Unfortunately the screen dimness only lasts while in that app. I was wondering: is there a way to set the overall phone brightness itself that low or keep the screen that dim outside of the app? The lowest brightness in the Droid settings is still a bit too bright for me. Thanks!

2. messenger13

messenger13 Android Expert

If you're rooted, there's an app called 'Bright Control'. And even then, some apps don't support it (like Bedside).

3. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Android Expert

I use Quick Settings that allows me to lower the brightness down to the "sleep"/auto-dim brightness as a permanent setting. Basically, I can put it down to what they call 0%. I think the lowest stock setting, according to QS is like 4% or something. QS allows you to set the brightness to that 0%.

4. jakobo48

jakobo48 Lurker

QS definitely lets me get it a tad bit dimmer when set to 0%, so thanks for that. :)
    I still can't get it anywhere near as dark as the dim/night-time setting in the Clock app. I was trying to look through the SDK to find a way to dim the screen to an actual 5% or so (just above black/off) but can't figure it out yet. Are there any other apps out there that anyone knows of?

5. jfe

jfe Android Enthusiast

I don't see anything called "bright control"

6. JM33

JM33 Well-Known Member

With "Settings profiles" app you can set it down to what it calls 1%. Definitely the darkest I've found.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews