• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Minimize keyboard button in landscape mode barely working.

truelove79

Android Enthusiast
Feb 12, 2010
Peoria, IL
www.linnstreet.com
So the "minimize keyboard" button in the lower left of the landscape qwerty keyboard works maybe every 5th time. I only started noticing this after the 2.1 OTA. However my wife has the 2.1 on her Eris as well and hers works perfectly. If I make sure to push the very top edge of the button, it works fine, but just pressing it normally in the middle rarely works. Perhaps there is something wrong with that corner if the screen. Anyone else notice anything like this?

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

So perhaps it really is related to 2.1. That is some weird stuff. It works fine on my wife's 2.1 Eris. Weeeeird. BTW, a factory reset does NOT fix it, so don't bother. Well I guess this is officially my first 2.1 bug that actually bothers me.

Have you tried to recalibrate or resetting the keyboard?

Menu>settings>language&keyboard>touch input>text input>Calibration Tool or Reset Calibraton?

Upvote 0
So perhaps it really is related to 2.1. That is some weird stuff. It works fine on my wife's 2.1 Eris. Weeeeird. BTW, a factory reset does NOT fix i
Have you tried to recalibrate or resetting the keyboard?

Menu>settings>language&keyboard>touch input>text input>Calibration Tool or Reset Calibraton?

Sure have, but it doesn't matter anyway as you can't calibrated the landscape keyboard, only the portrait version.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones