• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

minimum calling plan/features for Droid

washwords

Lurker
Dec 5, 2009
Hi there,

I'm new to the forums and (will be) new to the Droid soon if I go ahead with it...

I have somehow managed to keep my very basic "America's Calling" plan from verizon. I am now month-to-month so eligible for new every two. Also, my husband is month-to-month with AT + T and we're considering switching us both to Verizon... my question:

When I switch him, I presume we HAVE to sign a new contract. If we do, do I also have to upgrade to a newer / better/ bigger contract. i.e., would we better off NOT doing a contract and just buying the phone (he doesn't want a droid, he likes the thin moto razr or something). And will the droid work and do everything cool it does without a fuller bigger better plan!?

Sorry, not sure I'm articulating right... I'm trying to find out the bottom line... what will it cost me to upgrade from one verizon EnV on a great/cheap plan and one AT+T basic plan to two phones on verizon, one a droid, one more basic. Or at least... what are the options... thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones