1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Minimum number of posts for classifieds.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box & Feedback' started by irishpride, Jun 20, 2010.

1. irishpride

irishpride Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Emerald City
    I think there should be a mandatory minimum # of posts to be able to put something up for sale in the classifieds section. I see far too many first time posters putting something up for sale. Just about every other site I've been on has this and it is there to protect the users.

Advertisement

2. I agree 1000 percent!

3. Trident

Trident Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    I wear many hats
    Virginia Beach, VA
    This was originally the case upon the initial launch of the Classifieds second, there was a minimum post count requirement of 25. Back in March, the post count requirement was nullified. There is also a Non-Android classifieds subforum which still does require a post count of at least 25.

Not quite sure why this change was ever made.. I agree with your points completely. Phases should be able to shed some light on the situation when he sees this thread. :)

4. Phases

Phases Community Manager
    Administrator

Sep 9, 2008
    Male
    IT, Vbulletin and Xenforo Administrator
    Nashville, TN
    Correct. We don't mind people signing up to post an android device - it's up to the users if they want to trust the sale or not - the classifieds, at the moment, are at your own risk.

However, we don't want just anyone signing up to post anything in the non-Android section.

This isn't in stone. If there are enough people saying they prefer a limit in classifieds, we're fine with rethinking it.

5. irishpride

irishpride Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Emerald City
    Thanks for the clarification Trident & Phases. If anyone would like the minimum post rule for the classifieds section back in effect, please post here. Thanks.