1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Minneapolis Verizon 4g LTE speeds

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by thinedhel, May 17, 2012.

1. thinedhel

thinedhel New Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I have noticed a huge decrease in my 46 speeds within the last two months in the Minneapolis area. I used to get about 6 mbps up and down sitting at my desk at home, and 20+ when in the open. Lately I have been getting between 2 and 4 at my desk at home but more concerning I only get about 5 or 6 in open areas where I used to get 20+.

I have a Galaxy Nexus and I use anywhere from 4 - 10 gigs of data per month.

I asked some of my local VZW friends and they are also reporting decreased speeds. I am curious, are others in the Minneapolis area seeing a decrease in their speeds?

Advertisement

2. outkast7222

outkast7222 Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Driving my life away.
    Elk River, MN
    I think it really just boils down to network conditions. There are more LTE phones added everyday eating up bandwidth. When I got my Bionic on launch day I was getting 33mbps down and about 6 up, of course it varied but that was pretty average. Now in the exact same spot I get 15 down and 8 or so up. It did have a sharp decline in a 2-3 month span but has seemed to level out. This is in the Northern suburbs though.

I am usually better off on 3g when I am downtown. Especially when I am near the dome.

3. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Grad Student (Applied/Computational Math)
    Milwaukee, WI

Duluth and Saint Cloud have similarly mediocre speeds

4. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict

Jun 18, 2010
    Statesboro, GA
    I will be honest, it was slower the last time I was in MSP than it was in ATL, and they have had it longer. So it may be its not a very robust network yet.