1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Minor bug after removing HTC Lockscreen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bollenator, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Bollenator

Bollenator Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Hi all,
    First off, huge congratulations on the stuff going on here for rooted Eris. I just followed the steps yesterday and I'm super excited about the possibilities for this phone that I was honestly starting to get tired of.

Now to my problem. I put GrdLock's "official" 2.1 ROM on my Eris and it's working great, but I've never been a fan of the HTC lockscreen, so I used GrdLock's script (install_extras.bat) to remove it. The stock lockscreen is working for the most part, but the little padlock icon (the one you drag to unlock the screen) and the drawer-thingy surrounding it no longer appear when I bring my phone out of sleep. I see the mute button and the date/time, but not the unlock button. Once I touch the screen in the right location, it shows up, but it will go away the next time the phone sleeps.

Any ideas? Anyone else seeing this? It's a minor annoyance, but if there's an easy fix, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Southern Californina
    You try rebooting yet? Thats the first thing I would try.

3. Bollenator

Bollenator Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Oops, yeah, totally should have mentioned that. :) I've rebooted several times since, with the issue repro'ing consistently.

At this point, I'd be open to reinstalling the HTC lockscreen just so that my phone maintains the clean look that I want.