• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Minor Contacts Issue

D

Deleted User

Hey guys, I'm having a little trouble finding a solution to syncing my contacts to Google contacts. When I originally put all my contacts into my phone, it did it through Google contacts and then I used HTC Sync to grab some contacts' info from Outlook. Now, some people have multiple entries, one labeled "phone" and the other labeled "Google." I was hoping that the two entries would just merge into one, under "Google," but it hasn't. Is there any way to do this, or do I have to manually edit each person's entry? Thanks in advance.

I think I get what you're saying...you can just check multiple contact information together and merge them, right? My problem is on the phone itself. Not sure how to explain it. But when I click on "John Smith" and try to edit it, my phone asks if I want to edit the contact information "John Smith" for Google or for Phone. I will post a picture explaining it later tonight.

Upvote 0
I think I get what you're saying...you can just check multiple contact information together and merge them, right? My problem is on the phone itself. Not sure how to explain it. But when I click on "John Smith" and try to edit it, my phone asks if I want to edit the contact information "John Smith" for Google or for Phone. I will post a picture explaining it later tonight.

i got ya, only it should update the contacts on phone after you do it on pc. Post those pics though when you can, that have a better idea what exactly is going on

Upvote 0
So I wish I could have taken the screenshots before I accidentally wiped out all of my contacts. Luckily, I backed up to Google contacts and I just added whatever contact information I had from Google. Now I have to go back and re-enter in some information, but I was going to do that anyways. Thanks for offering to help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones