1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support minor problem - ram and cpu utilization

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by yudh, Dec 25, 2011.

1. yudh

yudh Lurker
    None

Dec 24, 2011
    network consultant
    Jakarta
    hi guys

i have a situation which you might also encounter :

1. if i always turn on the phone even when i charge the battery so it always up for couple of days, i found a huge number of ram memory 720/800, and it only decrease into 5xx or 600 if i clear the memory

2. if i do the opposite, turn off the phone each time i charge the battery, it runs on 250 or 3xx if i clear the ram memory

3. back to point 1, i found out it required 220 MB only just for 'samsung keypad' service. but on point 2, it only 85 MB. (see it on setting > application > service running)

4. i only execute an apps which consume small amount of memory, such as twitter, photaf, hootsuite, etc which each of them uses below 7 MB, the rest of it were small service running on background like android market, application update and so on

so the question remain :

1. does the SAME SERVICE required for ram memory always increasing along with the uptime of the smartphone itself?

2. if it so, how can we maintain it?

3. if no 1 is wrong / doesnt make sense, so what is the root cause?

please, dont tell me that this is the samsung /android behaviour... im quite new with this samsung and android stuff, just migrate from blackberry...

need you highly advice :)

-yudh

Advertisement

2. yudh

yudh Lurker
    None

Dec 24, 2011
    network consultant
    Jakarta
    does anyone experience the same problem or is it just me?

3. theelo

theelo Newbie
    None

Nov 22, 2011
    Romania
    There's not something wrong with your phone and looks like there's no need to clear the memory (that was recommended for older android versions as they couldn't do it automatically).
    I read the phone keeps loading in the memory the services used more often so I realized there's o point in clearing up the memory as the services are back in short time. I also saw my battery decreasing rapidly when I had a memory manager and the clear memory setting at small intervals was activated.