• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Minor problems with phone, dropped calls, etc

Since I have had my phone I have been having some problems with it. The biggest issue is that calls will drop. I will have a strong signal and yet the call will still drop. Also sometimes while on a call my phone will somehow get into airplane mode. Also sometimes when i wake my phone it says wait 30 seconds to use pattern unlock. This happens even if i haven't touched my phone in a while. It also is very laggy the first minute after start up.

If i go to verizon will they give me a new phone? Is there anything I can do to fix it myself? Will rooting fix these problems? Should I wait until 2.2 and see if it gets resolved? I need to figure that out soon because im going back to school in a few days and there is not a verizon store for miles.

Also if i do get a new phone is there a way to backup my old one so I do not have to download and tweak everything again?

Thanks!
-Andrew

I have been asking a lot of questions and you guys are great with answering!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones