• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Minor T-Mobile (USA) update avail. today, June 3rd

colnago

Android Expert
Nov 17, 2009
Just a heads up:

Software update: Samsung Galaxy Note II | Support

Beginning June 3, the Samsung Galaxy Note II will have a software update to Android version 4.1.2/ Software T889UVBMD1 via Over The Air (OTA) and Samsung Kies. This update improves security and includes Smart switch.

You can update in two ways:

• Over the air (OTA) update to T889UVBMD1: OTA push update is available as of 6/3/2013. Please wait for the notification to update. The OTA will continue to be delivered until June 17. The update is also available for manual update using Kies.
  • Manual download to T889UVBMD1: If you did not want to update via OTA, you can update via Samsung Kies. Ensure you are on the latest version of Kies prior to attempting the update. SeeSAMSUNG KIES to confirm the version.

Current Software Version

Update Status

T889UVBMD1
This software version is current. Your device software is up to date.T889UVBMB4
T889UVALL4
T889UVALK8
T889UVALJ1
Beginning June 3, follow the steps to Download update from Samsung.
Other versionsT-Mobile and Samsung will not send you a software update.

Devices with non-T-Mobile software versions are out of warranty and do not receive updates.

Software versions

Android version 4.1.2/ Software T889UVBMD1 - Current version
Version

• Android version 4.1.2/ Software T889UVBMD1
  • Updated 6/3/2013

Features

• Smart switch

Improvements

Prerequisites

• OTA and Kies update
  • T889UVBMB4
  • Device software is not rooted
  • 50% battery life
  • Data connection
  • File size of update is 15 MB

FWIW, I had a weak LTE signal (-105dBm) in my area (Balt./DC), when the LTE update was first released. I turned LTE iff becaus of the weak signal throughout the "corridor". After the update, done while at work, I noticed that LTE was turned on, and I promptly turned it off. Now at home I turned out back on just to see if the update changed anything, and it looks like I went from 0-1 bar LTE to "full", and -105dBm to -79 dBm. :thumbup:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones