• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mint 11 and Compiz

andruoid

Android Expert
Jan 10, 2011
BC, Canada
Here is a beauty shot of Mint 11 and Compiz. In transition to a different window you can see the transparent domes and semi-transparent walls. I grabbed the typical Honeycomb background and changed the hue to match Mint Linux.

the original is pretty big, 1920x1080 desktop

original.jpg

can you please explain how you got the cube enabled? The release notes said that it was not functioning due to upstream issues with Ubuntu. I tried enabling it and sure enough it wasn't working. did you have to do a work around? I don't use the cube itself much, but I do love using the unfolding aspect of it to view all my desktops.

also where you able to enable opacify? It seems to be dead as well.

Upvote 0
can you please explain how you got the cube enabled? The release notes said that it was not functioning due to upstream issues with Ubuntu. I tried enabling it and sure enough it wasn't working. did you have to do a work around? I don't use the cube itself much, but I do love using the unfolding aspect of it to view all my desktops.

also where you able to enable opacify? It seems to be dead as well.

I opened the Compiz Config from the Menu and then enabled Desktop Cube and Rotate Cube. All I did next was mouse-over and click on 'Desktop Cube' text. This brings up a hidden menu to make the cube transparent, etc. there should be some Tabs and sliders. I set my transparency to 50% and the top and bottom of the 'cube' to black (or all 0's)

Oh, one thing i didn't ask would be how much video memory do you have? Maybe that is why its not starting. Not sure of the Compiz video requirements off hand, I know for example Windows Aero desktop needs 128MB to run.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones