1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Mint Mobile Discussion Thread Only !!

Discussion in 'Mint Mobile' started by DonB, Dec 22, 2020.

1. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™
    Moderator Thread Starter

Discuss the service and ask any questions here, we'll do our best to help and we're sure members will chime in with the good and the bad.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

At least they finally have a way to manage multiple lines with one login. I've asked them for that for years. They really hit it out of the park for online / app base account management.

Another plus is how they do international roaming. It's something like $0.02 / minute and you prebuy in $10 increments. So between Wifi calling and cheap overseas rates I don't have to go running around trying to buy a local sim when I travel.

I've had the 8GB plan (was the 5GB but they bumped it in the last year) for a while now. I may jump to unlimited on my line and use it as a hotspot when I camp.

DonB likes this.
  3. DonB

Moderator Thread Starter

What the benefit to manage the multiple lines, can you still manage and not have not on all the same payment charge card, my wife is on my CC and my line I still pay it through the company, does that affect anything, or do they have to be on the same payment card ?

4. Unforgiven

I have four lines, and I staggered the start times so I have an annual renewal every three months. Before I would have to log into each account to renew, now I can check them all from my account, plus I get all the plan notifications (low data for example). It doesn't look like you can have different payment methods, I hadn't checked until you asked as that wasn't a need for me.

DonB likes this.
  5. DonB

Moderator Thread Starter

So far switching from Cricket to Mint, I must say I am impressed. Was easy to switch, quick and number ported in lest then 3 minutes. Their ease of use of the Mint Mobile App is much better then Crickets. One thing I hope they add in the future is VisualVmail app( I Know I can use a third party app like Youmail), rather then having to call in for message. Other then that the experience has been flawless. Referrals communications have been spot on, and the free 3 months credit has already been added to my next yearly billing. :cool:

#5 DonB, Dec 24, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
    Unforgiven likes this.
  6. DonB

Moderator Thread Starter

@Unforgiven

Just curious, do you use VO Wifi ?, if yes how has been your experience with this feature

7. Unforgiven

Spotty, but the times I've used it I've been on less than stellar WiFi, but that is often the nature of not having cell signal is the environment, not a coverage problem. Hospitals, warehouses, etc. I tend to manually toggle it on and off as there isn't a good way to tell the phones to use the stronger signal, just choose to prefer calls over wifi or prefer calls over cellular.

My best use case is when traveling overseas. If your resort has at least moderate wifi you can use your phone like you are still in the US.

DonB likes this.
  8. DonB

Moderator Thread Starter

I've had mine on for the past week and so far no issues, in certain areas of the house the cell signal drops and people hear us gargled, so figured I'd give it a go and see, so far no issues here, but it's early in testing. :thinking:

#8 DonB, Dec 28, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    Unforgiven likes this.
  9. Unforgiven

I would expect it works great on good WiFi. :p

DonB likes this.
  10. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

Can I chat with Ryan Reynolds if I switch to Mint?

*swoons

11. DonB

Moderator Thread Starter

So it's been a month now that I have switched over, and I haven't missed a beat. So far so good, and barely used any of my data, since these day I'm mainly at home. The VOWiFi has been great to date since my home usually has certain area's that have Dead Spots.

#11 DonB, Jan 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    Unforgiven likes this.
  12. DonB

Moderator Thread Starter

Those of you on the 8GB Plan, coming up they will be adding 2GB to that monthly plan on your next renewal. So plan in the future will be 10GB per month

Mint.jpg

#12 DonB, Jan 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2021