1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Mint Question

Discussion in 'Mint Mobile' started by Steven58, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

What mobile system does this use? That would mean a lot to me to determine reliability. I live in a rural/suburban area on the East Coast, and right now, Verizon is the only service that covers my area well. Believe me, if I could save money by switching to a reliable carrier in my area, I would. Any information and suggestions would truly be welcome.

Steven

MrJavi likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Mint uses T-Mobile (now Sprint too) towers. If you check T-Mo's coverage map it will let you know. Mint's map doesn't show 5g areas that T-Mo covers even though you get 5g coverage through Mint anyway. I tend to have coverage even in places I didn't with VZW.

DonB and ocnbrze like this.
  3. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

If T-Mobile doesn't have coverage for you there are several MVNOs that use Verizon:

Straight Talk (uses other networks, make sure to get Verizon)
    Page Plus
    Total Wireless
    Red Pocket (uses other networks too, need to specify Verizon AKA "CDMA")
    Yahoo Mobile
    Ting (I use Ting and if there's some T-Mobile coverage they send a T-Mobile SIM, you'd have to request a Verizon SIM when signing up)

DonB, Unforgiven and ocnbrze like this.
  4. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

So far I've been Impressed for the price we pay, and service has been spot on, and love the fact that Wifi Calling/Texting seems to be working flawlessly, which wasn't offered on my Unlocked OnePlus device with Cricket. they also allow free Mobile Hotspot (Tethering)

Unforgiven likes this.
  5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

That's a big plus for me as often campgrounds have terrible wifi. So my next annual renewal will be unlimited and I'll tether for internet.