1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Miracast

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kevinlufc, Dec 30, 2013.

1. kevinlufc

kevinlufc Well-Known Member
    None

Has anyone been able to do this on the 2012 Nexus? Bought a LG smart tv and noticed that you could use this function. In the display settings of the nexus it says cast your screen. I just assumed that this would work. But haven't been able to get it to work.

Advertisement

2. jhsrennie

jhsrennie Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 31, 2012
    I'm fairly certain the 2012 Nexus 7 doesn't support Miracast (the 2013 model does). I remember being annoyed that the Nexus 4 supported Miracast while the Nexus 7 didn't. If it appears in the settings presumably this is an oversight introduced in one of the OTAs.

kevinlufc likes this.
  3. scribley9

scribley9 Newbie
    None

Apr 14, 2011
    Portugal
    Is there any more of an update on this question please? I have the same requirement and would like to stream video to my HDMI equipped TV from my N7 (2012). The option appears in the display menu (KK 4.4.2) and I cannot believe it would be there if there was no way to make it work. Especially since the OS of both 2012 and 2013 devices is identical.

4. joetheghost

joetheghost Lurker
    None

Jul 6, 2012
    I have the same problem with Nexus 10,though puzzled by the tv which is a Samsung ,this has HDMI socket but don,t know or unable to discover, if is wi fi complatible,howdo I tell?