• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

tecknoes

Dec 19, 2013
I have an LG Smart TV and use Miracast on my LG G2 SmartPhone to mirror the screen onto my TV. I was waiting for the LG G pad 10.1 to buy and ditch my iPad for, but having looked at the specs for it I'm not too happy with certain things, especially the screen resolution.
I have been looking at the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Tab 3 but I can't get my head round the differences between them.... my main concern do they have Miracast or something similar the mirror to the TV?

I have a Miracast dongle that I put on my HDTV and use it to mirror live sport games from my phone and to play some apps of games that all I have to do is tap the screen, but I love the better picture using my Chromecast.

They now have a screen mirror feature to screen mirror to a Chromecast using the screen mirror baked in feture on phones. I use an old S3 phone and Chromecast hasn't added the mirror screen feature for my phone yet but some of the newer phones do.

There are a lot of apps for Chromecast that will let you cast your media files, like pictures and music and videos to the Chromecast. We download our shows and cast them to our Chromecast. Give Chromecast a try for $35. It's just like my Miracast, it's a dongle with an HDMI end and a power input. It also lets you cast YouTube and Netflix and Crackle, oh yeah and some game apps.There are a bunch of apps for Chromecast and I simply love it better than Miracast.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones