1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Mirror Galaxy Nexus

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zetroc, May 6, 2012.

1. zetroc

zetroc Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 3, 2010
    Male
    Association Management
    Iowa City, IA
    Is there a way to get my Galaxy Nexus to be mirrored by my Xoom? Through some DLNA-compatible app, or something? So if there is video on my Nexus but I want to watch it on the Xoom, is there like an air play type app?

Advertisement

2. Tim K

Tim K Android Expert
    None

Nov 2, 2009
    Male
    Phila, PA
    What about using Google drive (or another cloud service) to upload and watch from there? That doesn't cover a direct device to device watching, but its a way of sharing media between devices - plus having a backup.

Sorry, can't suggest anything that streams from one device to another.

3. TheyCallMeBT

TheyCallMeBT Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 29, 2012
    Male
    I'd like to go the opposite route. See my (not yet purchased) tablet on my phone so that I can control a teleprompter app. There's several threads in the Android Applications forum, so you might try searching there. Mostly everything was for controlling the Android tablet/ phone with a PC. But there's at least once instance that works through a browser, so it MIGHT work.

But I agree with Tim K, if all you want to do is access the file, there's ways outside of mirroring the device.

It might not interest you, but there are plenty of apps to mirror a desktop (PC or Mac) to the Android device. I use Splashtop and it works great.

4. zetroc

zetroc Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 3, 2010
    Male
    Association Management
    Iowa City, IA
    I just purchased a MHL HDMI converter so I can connect my phone to my TV. However, I wondered if I was able to simply connect my tab to my TV and mirror my phone unto my tab thus creating a long bridge between my phone and my tab. It's not that important because I will have the MHL converter in a couple of days, but I started to wonder if all of this was possible... you'd think that in 2012 it would be, eh?

Tags: