1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Mirror phone screen on PC when phone has no working screen/digitiser?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by King Mustard, Jan 5, 2020.

1. King Mustard

King Mustard Well-Known Member

We have a Samsung Galaxy S8+.

The glass was cracked and, as we attempted to repair it, we damaged the screen/digitiser.

Is there a way to mirror the phone's display on a computer, when it's not possible to use the phone's screen?

I'm not sure if USB Debugging was on or off when the repair failed.

racibennett likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chuseme1st

chuseme1st Lurker

I

3. James L

James L Android Expert

Maybe scrcpy or vysor might help

4. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Given the damage was done when trying to replace the glass, what about trying the repair process again?
    https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Samsung+Galaxy+S8+Plus+Screen+Replacement/97008
    https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Samsung+Galaxy+S8+Plus+Display+Adhesive+Replacement/122831

If USB Debugging wasn't enabled, that does reduce the odds you can successfully get remote access to your device. Keep in mind solutions involving a third party app, if it isn't already installed and configured, will require you to install the app (which is readily done by just logging into your online Google account and installing said app using the Play Store site) and setting up and/or starting that app remotely (which could be very problematic when the display isn't functional). Also, were you using your S8 Plus's iris scanner, or the fingerprint reader, or a lock screen (pattern, passcode, password)?

5. King Mustard

King Mustard Well-Known Member

In the end, I bought a USB-C-to-HDMI dongle and hub (for mouse and keyboard input).

Sorted :) Thanks all.

olbriar likes this.