• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mirror Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 screen on Samsung Smart TV Wirelessly

alandr

Lurker
Jul 13, 2013
us
I just wonder if I could get some help from you advanced Android users.This is what I'm trying to do.
I'd like to Mirror Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 screen on Samsung Smart TV wirelessly.
That would be not to play video files or look at the pictures stored on my tablet via my Samsung Smart TV ( I would say dumb TV if you ask me)
But go to website that plays movie in Flash and be able to watch that movie on my big screen TV.
I know how to do that using HDMI adapter that I got from Samsung by connecting to a tablet charger and to HDMI cable that connects back to TV. I'm doing that now but using long HDMI cable.
I could probably live with it, but it makes me extremely angry that number of devices made by Samsung can

Hi Alan, you can use the tablet's YouTube app to control which youtubes you want to see on the Samsung TV, you set the Samsung TV's YouTube app up too - so that both tablet and TV know each other. When watching youtubes on the tablet, hit the blue TV icon (if you set up the TV-link in the YT app) to watch the same youtube on the TV screen. So- search on the tablet, find youtubes/content, hit the icon on the tablet (in YT app) and watch the screen - and yes the one-cursor-button move-one-space thing is desperate :)

Reactions: alandr
Upvote 0
Thank you Evan for a quick reply,
Currently I'm able to watch YouTube movies directly on my TV using Samsung smart TV native YouTube app. Also I can watch YouTube movies from YouTube app that is on my
MINIX NEO G4(Android PC dongle) that is connected to my TV via HDMI. YouTube is not a problem that I have. My apologies if I wasn't clear in my previous post.
You could ask me why I can't watch movies in Flash directly from that Android PC dongle.
The answer is that Jelly Bean doesn't support Flash video playback (at least that is my understanding). But why? Google thought that everyone in the world would stop using Flash players and convert to HTML5 over night? That sounds silly to me.
I have tried all possible browsers that supposed to support Flash video playback via plug-ins, but unfortunately no luck there.
I even tried older browser versions using .apk installs. No luck there either.
Well, I’ll take that back - I got partial luck there. Some browsers with proper Flash plug-in would play movies like they do in Windows, but movie getting stuck in 20-15 minutes so I have to reload webpage to start that movie over again. But unfortunately webpage reloads very slow and then I getting stuck in 20-15 minutes again.
Oh In addition I like to mention that Android Stock browser on my Galaxy Note 10.1 plays Flash movies like Chrome on Windows. So this is my main reason why I’d like to Mirror Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 screen on Samsung Smart TV Wirelessly.
Not sure about magic of Samsung on that tablet but I didn't have to install anything special there in order for Flash to work.

Upvote 0
Hmm Firefox HTML5 thingy installed here on the tablet, Flash stuff works ok now on Jelly Bean, I used Chrome to start with when Flash didn't work everywhere Alan

I'm able to watch YouTube movies directly on my TV using Samsung smart TV native YouTube app

Better check that we're on the same page :)

I search on the tablet for YouTube stuff, then I hit the blue TV icon up top of the YouTube app on the tablet, whatever I'm watching on the tablet comes up on the TV

It's very hot mate so I hope I've not misunderstood anything and all the best. Phew 90F aagh I need a slower PC :)

Upvote 0
I would also like to mirror my Galaxy Tab screen on my Samsung Smart tv.
Using "Samsung Smart View" app on the tablet allows me to mirror the tv on my tablet but not the other way round.
Selecting "Screen Mirroring" on the tv menu does not connect to the tablet although the tv does connect if I want to see photos from my tablet on the tv.
I just want to see whatever is on my tablet screen in nice big size on the tv. I hope someone has the knowledge.

Upvote 0
If I understand this correctly, you have two possible options. First, get the Samsung Hub. It's around $65 or so from Amazon. Connect it to your TV and it will mirror your Tab screen. It's really easy to do. Once you've set up the Hub, set your tv to the HDMI port you have it connected to. Literally, the Hub will walk you through the process. Activate the Allshare Cast on your tablet and you're golden. You may have to hit the reset button on the Hub initially. The other alternative is to simply hit the source button on your smart tv remote control. This will bring a menu up on the top of the tv screen. Scroll over to "mirror", hit enter. Then, again, open Allshare Cast on your tablet. It will "find" the tv and auto connect. Not all Samsung televisions support this, but if you have a model 6300 or above you stand a great chance. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
If I understand this correctly, you have two possible options. First, get the Samsung Hub. It's around $65 or so from Amazon. Connect it to your TV and it will mirror your Tab screen. It's really easy to do. Once you've set up the Hub, set your tv to the HDMI port you have it connected to. Literally, the Hub will walk you through the process. Activate the Allshare Cast on your tablet and you're golden. You may have to hit the reset button on the Hub initially. The other alternative is to simply hit the source button on your smart tv remote control. This will bring a menu up on the top of the tv screen. Scroll over to "mirror", hit enter. Then, again, open Allshare Cast on your tablet. It will "find" the tv and auto connect. Not all Samsung televisions support this, but if you have a model 6300 or above you stand a great chance. Hope this helps.

I have 7100 series Samsung Smart tv but unfortunately it doesn't work with my Galaxy Note 10.1.It seems that my tablet doesn't see my tv. I have tried all possible options.
What about Miracast technology it supposed to work on mirroring.
Does any one knows about that Miracast? I heard it will be supported in Jelly Bean 4.2.
Any thoughts folks?

Upvote 0
Thanks CoachVEO. I might consider the Samsung Hub. I hadn't thought of it.
Re the Samsung Smart tv, I have a 6800, so shouldn't really need the hub. I tried the Source, Mirroring route, the tablet sees the tv but the tv doesn't mirror the tablet, perhaps I'm missing some check box somewhere. Allshare Cast is now called Samsung Link. One assumes it should work the same.
Maybe I'll have to use a wire.
Anymore suggestions welcome.

Upvote 0
6530 here and using Samsung Link I can very simply play content on it without going through SmartHub, thanks all for mentioning Cast/Link

I have a 5 series here. I called samsung tech support and they said samsung link (formerly allcast share) is only for files that are already on a device. It will not stream from your device from the internet I.E. Watch ESPN because the tvs do not have flash capabilty. They said to use an MHL to HDMI adapter. I've found a couple but I just don't know which is compatible with the N8013. EPL-3PHBEG seems to be the original model, but I can't find anything that says it's compatible with the note 10.1 though I've read it does. I've read that there's an newer model: EPL-NPHBKG that specifically says it's compatible with the note 10.1. I've also seen the EPL-3BEGXAR that the samsung website says it is compatible. EPL-3BEGSTA mentioned, but I can't find it online. Amazon has the "BKG" selling for $74.99. The samsung website does not show that model in any search. I really wish there was someone who has a definitive answer to all these qeustions i.e.using one or another on their note 10.1 original model.

Upvote 0
Thank you Stoney.I bough another Samsung TV with newer software in it.It has Screen Mirroring option when you press Source button on the TV remote.When I select that it will scan for the device that you trying to screen mirror from.
In that case i'm turning AllShareCast on my Samsung galaxy 10.1 so now devises can see each other.When that's done, I'm able to see on my tv screen what is currently playing on my tablet.The only downside to that is battery on tablet during that time draining very fast, so I need to keep my tablet plugged in all the time.

Upvote 0
Thank you Stoney.I bough another Samsung TV with newer software in it.It has Screen Mirroring option when you press Source button on the TV remote.When I select that it will scan for the device that you trying to screen mirror from.
In that case i'm turning AllShareCast on my Samsung galaxy 10.1 so now devises can see each other.When that's done, I'm able to see on my tv screen what is currently playing on my tablet.The only downside to that is battery on tablet during that time draining very fast, so I need to keep my tablet plugged in all the time.

Unfortunately, that doesn't work for streaming Web Content such as watch espn, btn2go etc etc. To do that, you need an hdmi adapter that plugs into your micro usb an attaches to an hdmi csble that is connected into one of your hdmi inputs. That works like a champ! I bought one for my galaxy s3 -- for 6 bucks on eBay and by attaching your charge cable to it keeps your battery charged in the process. I can't vouch for four the note 10.1, but the adapter for it is $$$$$

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, that doesn't work for streaming Web Content such as watch espn, btn2go etc etc. To do that, you need an hdmi adapter that plugs into your micro usb an attaches to an hdmi csble that is connected into one of your hdmi inputs. That works like a champ! I bought one for my galaxy s3 -- for 6 bucks on eBay and by attaching your charge cable to it keeps your battery charged in the process. I can't vouch for four the note 10.1, but the adapter for it is $$$$$
-------------------------------------------------------
Unfortunately I'm not familiar with espn, btn2go and I've cut my cable almost 2 years ago.So these would not work for me anyway I guess.
But I indeed use hdmi adapter that plugs into micro usb an attaches to an hdmi cable that is connected into one of the hdmi ion my not smart Sharp Aquos tv.
I agree that works really well, but I got to have a long HDMI cable connected to my tablet in order to use keyboard on the tablet for navigation and search.
I wish that Samsung tablet would have a usb so i could connect computer mice to it.

Upvote 0
-------------------------------------------------------
Unfortunately I'm not familiar with espn, btn2go and I've cut my cable almost 2 years ago.So these would not work for me anyway I guess.
But I indeed use hdmi adapter that plugs into micro usb an attaches to an hdmi cable that is connected into one of the hdmi ion my not smart Sharp Aquos tv.
I agree that works really well, but I got to have a long HDMI cable connected to my tablet in order to use keyboard on the tablet for navigation and search.
I wish that Samsung tablet would have a usb so i could connect computer mice to it.

I bought a 25ft hdmi cable for less than $7 on ebay I can sit in my recliner and play what I want. When I'm done, I just roll up the hdmi cable and stuff it under the tv. True, I have to log in to both watch espn and btn2go using my uverse login. But for a total of of les than $15 I can watch non televised locally sports on my 50" rather than my smart phone or tablet. The adapterr for my note 10.1 is a lot more expensive $39-45 depending who you get it from. I'm experiencing some charging probs with my note, so I'm happy with using my s3.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones