• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mirror screen to dumb tv

ScttLee184

Apr 6, 2019
Can I mirror movies directly from my Moto x4 to a dumb tv? I tried screenbean mini 2 but "cast" does not recognize it. I have NO internet access at home so no wifi. I want to stream saved and online movies from phone directly to tv without having to use wifi or internet. if I have to have wifi can set up a wifi router without internet? I have also tried a USB c to hdmi approach with no luck.
Thanks for you help

I'm allowed to hotspot all my UL data, don't have home wifi, so I put my sim in an older 3G MiFi unit I had for a few years to create a network and can cast to a 1st gen Chromecast plugged in to my 2011 TV.

I can hotspot direct to my laptop from my phone, but it doesn't have a HDMI socket for the tv so I often just watch on a 20 or 22 in monitor.

(lives of the not so rich or famous - Volume VII !)

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
Thanks. Hopefully one last question. Can Chromecast mirror my screen or does it require internet? I've been told both yes and no. The no's say the phone is only the remote for the Chromecast
Thanks again for your help.
yeah you will need wifi to get chromecast setup. after that i'm not sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones