• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mismatch between phone and pc

When I got my recently purchased Alcatel Pixi4 I also got a 32g card so I could store my pics and music. I expected to be able to connect the phone to my pc and drag and drop pics, music and videos onto the phone as you would as if it were an external hard drive, for instance, but it isn't working like that. When I see the phone in file explorer on the pc, all it shows is the sd card contents, not what is on the phone as well. Also, the content shown in file explorer seems to be different from what I can find on the phone. I have also connected it to a laptop running Linux Mint and it seems to be no different.

I would like clean all my files off the phone and sd card and start again, loading some videos, music and pictures onto the card and leave the internal memory on the phone empty.

What am I doing wrong and how can I achieve my objective.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones