• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Miss you already...

Hrochnick

Dec 7, 2009
Brno, CZ
So this morning I finally packaged up and sent off my Hero for some much needed liposuction (dust removal) and I've got myself a Moto Milestone from work to cover the gap.

First impressions of the Milestone? I miss my Hero...

The screen is nice and bright and big but it's a tad too big... all my Icons and widgets are too spaced out, massive gaps between them which looks silly compared to the tidy and compact way they slot onto the Hero screen. Looks like if you just squashed them up a bit you'd get another whole row in there! Yes there are some nice features with 2.0 but nothing that's blown me away yet compared to my old Hero. Oh and 3 screens just isn't enough. And stock Android is ugly and the Milestone is fugly.

Come back quick Hero, all is forgiven!
[Until I get my hands on a Legend... probably... :) ]

So it's back and I'm in love all over again!

Since it arrived I've had a chance to have a (little) side by side comparison with the Milestone I've been:

Some apps open marginally quicker on the Hero, some on the Milestone but the difference is nominal.
On the internet (using the the stock browser in each phone) the Hero is considerably quicker than the Milestone.
The Milestones screen is brighter and nicer but as said above, being that odd dimension the home screen looks stretched and odd. I don't like it.
7 home screens on the Hero... never thought I'd miss it so much.
The Milestone is still pig ugly.
Physical keyboard? never even used it once...

Welcome home Hero!

Upvote 0
The Milestone is a nice phone. I really do miss a good old QWERTY hardware keyboard..it makes so much difference! Why do you think Blackberry's are so popular (Not the Storm)...

Milestone + Sense UI = KilleR !

But I have just learnt you cannot flash the Milestone with a Custom ROM because the Kernal is locked... (Motorola do this with linux based phones... dOh)

I love the big screen... Good Camera (with flash) ....

It's the same as the Desire really... :eek:

Though I do love my hero...if better keyboard did not exist I would throw the phone away as the keyboard (HTC one) is horrible... its still laggy even with haptic feedback off...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones